Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: [Guide] Install WMP11 over WMP12

03 Feb 2009   #21
momalle1

Windows 7, Windows Vista Ultimate, Ubuntu 9.04
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Dzomlija View Post
Each unto his own, I guess.

Just try to add a library of 87,000+ music tracks to Windows Media Player 11, and perhaps you'll be won over by WMP12.

WMP11 gets a little stuggish with HUGE libraries. I haven't had this sluggishness with 12...
You're lucky, my library is over 32,000 songs, on a network drive, and 12 is way slower than 11 ever was.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

03 Feb 2009   #22
scaramonga

 
 

How the hell do you get rid of this section on the right hand side??


Attached Thumbnails
-wmp12irritation.png  
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Feb 2009   #23
OCM770

Windows 7 (main)
 
 

That among other things (like no aero) was bugging the hell out of me, one more reason i downgraded. If you click on the burn tab though it goes away
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


04 Feb 2009   #24
Dzomlija

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by scaramonga View Post
How the hell do you get rid of this section on the right hand side??
That one caught me too, but the solution is so simple, I could kick myself!

Click the appropriate "tab" to open it. Click it again to close it....
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Feb 2009   #25
scaramonga

 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Dzomlija View Post
That one caught me too, but the solution is so simple, I could kick myself!

Click the appropriate "tab" to open it. Click it again to close it....
Damn! that's so simple LOL!!

I sat for hours looking at settings and such trying to get rid of it LOL!!

Many thx Dzomlija
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Feb 2009   #26
Kika

Windows 7 x64
 
 

Thanks for the guide, worked perfect WMP11 is so much better, and no annoying separated playlist window Sick of clicking that library button

edit: didn't like much those black buttons, so changed them back blue, it's perfect now :P
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Feb 2009   #27
Chappy

Vista Ult 64bit - Windows 7 Ult 7264 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by jtoolman View Post
I think we are all forgeting that we are ALL really simply "testing" windows seven whether we are official testers or not. So folks apparently are trying to customize windows 7 beta 7000 to something else other than what we originally downloaded and installed. Test it and use it as it is presented and send Feedbacks if you have anything contructive to offer. Were are basically hacking a Beta to our taste and guess what,, it will be gone in a few months anyway. Can't wait for the final release. It will go on all my machines.
Well said.

This is the funny thing tho, too many people d'loaded W7 just to have a new primary OS, and really had no intention of being a true Beta tester. They simply wanted a free OS for a half a year or so.
Then instead of trying to work with, or try new features of, a certain area of the OS, they try to change it to what they want or are used to. In the process they most likely destabilize the Beta as well, and then of course...MS is to blame for all of this..(sigh)

Remember - this is a Beta, and not the final product. This was meant for people to test the OS "AS IS" and to report back to MS about problems and likes/dislikes, not to test system hacks. If something isn't working to your satisfaction...Tell MS! Thats how it gets fixed or improved. If W7 doesn't do something you need done, boot back into Vista and do it there..

Oh wait, I forgot..too many people are using this as a Primary OS (against MS's advice, and basic Beta testing fundamentals) and have Upgraded their Vista install to Win7, thereby eliminating their options if something fails or doesn't work just yet.

Sigh...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Feb 2009   #28
Dzomlija

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Chappy View Post
Well said.

This is the funny thing tho, too many people d'loaded W7 just to have a new primary OS, and really had no intention of being a true Beta tester. They simply wanted a free OS for a half a year or so.
Then instead of trying to work with, or try new features of, a certain area of the OS, they try to change it to what they want or are used to. In the process they most likely destabilize the Beta as well, and then of course...MS is to blame for all of this..(sigh)

Remember - this is a Beta, and not the final product. This was meant for people to test the OS "AS IS" and to report back to MS about problems and likes/dislikes, not to test system hacks. If something isn't working to your satisfaction...Tell MS! Thats how it gets fixed or improved. If W7 doesn't do something you need done, boot back into Vista and do it there..

Oh wait, I forgot..too many people are using this as a Primary OS (against MS's advice, and basic Beta testing fundamentals) and have Upgraded their Vista install to Win7, thereby eliminating their options if something fails or doesn't work just yet.

Sigh...
I really don't understand the basic thinking of some people. Whether they got it for free or not, they hack their OS to pieces by replacing media players, or desktop shells, or ui themes, ad infinitum! And when something goes wrong, they deny all wrong-doing and blame Microsoft.

Why upgrade to a new version if you're going to make it look and work like the old version you replaced?

Although I must also say that when I first started testing Windows 7, I also took the dual-boot road, but was pleasently surprised to find it stable enough and feature-complete enough for me to use as my primary. So I removed the temptation of being able to boot back into Vista, and now have ONLY Windows 7 installed.

How else am I to test it properly and find acceptable workarounds to problems that I may encounter?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Feb 2009   #29
Chappy

Vista Ult 64bit - Windows 7 Ult 7264 64bit
 
 

Quote:
Although I must also say that when I first started testing Windows 7, I also took the dual-boot road, but was pleasently surprised to find it stable enough and feature-complete enough for me to use as my primary. So I removed the temptation of being able to boot back into Vista, and now have ONLY Windows 7 installed.
Hi Peter

W7 is definitely stable enought to try this, but I'm keeping Vista there until this thing is at least RC1. Even tho I haven't booted Vista since, well pretty much a week after I installed 7, it's still a Beta and something can break it at any moment.
Well, that and I have so much darn stuff in my Vista install that I just haven't gotten around to moving out of there yet
I have 11 partitions across 3 disks for storage and other stuff but it never fails that my OS still gathers a ton of things until I get the energy to start cleaning up.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
20 Feb 2009   #30
Dzomlija

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Kika View Post
Because in Windows 7 the LAN file transfer problem is fixed. Simple.
Surely that alone cannot justify upgrading an OS? And what LAN file transfer problem? I've been using Vista for 2 years, and have never had a problem transferring files over the network.

But we are getting way off topic here. If anyone wishes to continue this line of thought, please star a new thread....
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 [Guide] Install WMP11 over WMP12




Thread Tools





Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Help downgrading from WMP12 to WMP11
I tried the WMP12 and I prefer the 11 for UI and that stuff but when I downgrade I'd like to keep my codecs (Default WMP12: AAC, MOV, MP4, etc & Win7Codecs from Shark007) and my thumbnails, I don't know if they both will use the same codecs I'm kinda noob in this. Can someone tell me how to keep...
Music, Pictures & Video
WMP12 to WMP11
So, I've been reading a lot about how to turn WMP12 to WMP11 to get the taskbar player back. I've heard mixed results where if it does work, its sluggish or the player does not go away when WMP is closed, etc. Is it possible to uninstall WMP 12 and install WMP11? Windows website says WMP11 is...
Music, Pictures & Video
WMP12 cant open, uninstall, install please help!
i had just installed wmp12 from windows feature panel as i had previously uninstalled it, but after that before i restart the pc the battery life ended and the pc power off without shutting down correctly. when i restart the pc wmp didnt anymore open ive tried this sfc /scannow = no file...
Music, Pictures & Video
Botched downgrade to WMP11.
As the title says, I tried downgrading to WMP 11 and everything went tits up, I guess I've got a mix of WMP 11 and WMP 12 files as well as a registry entry that I was told to edit. I've ran the SFC file checker thing and I'm still getting nothing. It's not a disaster as I am running Itunes but...
Software
Is there a guide to making a USB windows 7 Install?
Id there a set of instructions or a guide online that will help me take an iSO and put it on a USB drive for installation now and for the future? I just got a 32gig USB card and want to make an XP, Vista, and Win7 Install disk (or USB)
Installation & Setup

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 13:54.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App