Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: .jpeg is missing

19 May 2014   #1
Riptorn

Windows 7 - 32 Bit
 
 
.jpeg is missing

hi, i just noticed a weird thing??..when viewing my jpegs it use to show the filename along with the .jpeg after it..now it just shows the filename only..but if i leave my mouse over the image it show it?? any ideas why this happened?? thanks rip


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

20 May 2014   #2
ThrashZone

Win-7 H-Prem-x64 Linux-M-Mate-x64 Win-8.1-10tp-x64
 
 

Hi Phillip,
After all the stash of bugs in your last thread (which you haven't updated yet) I would expect it's time to clear and reset windows explorer,
Use Disk cleanup if more than one user exists on the machine use System clean up as well,
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/818-disk-cleanup-open-use.html
Open win-explorer,
Organize on the top left and Folder and search options,
View section and restore defaults, Apply,
If you want to see file extensions for known file types scroll down the list and uncheck that option/ Apply again and Okay,
See how it goes,
Cheers.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
20 May 2014   #3
Riptorn

Windows 7 - 32 Bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ThrashZone View Post
Hi Phillip,
After all the stash of bugs in your last thread (which you haven't updated yet) I would expect it's time to clear and reset windows explorer,
Use Disk cleanup if more than one user exists on the machine use System clean up as well,
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/818-disk-cleanup-open-use.html
Open win-explorer,
Organize on the top left and Folder and search options,
View section and restore defaults, Apply,
If you want to see file extensions for known file types scroll down the list and uncheck that option/ Apply again and Okay,
See how it goes,
Cheers.
Hi thrashzone, i did update everything,, but i forgot to post the log? i have malwarebytes premium edition running now.thanks.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


20 May 2014   #4
Riptorn

Windows 7 - 32 Bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Riptorn View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ThrashZone View Post
Hi Phillip,
After all the stash of bugs in your last thread (which you haven't updated yet) I would expect it's time to clear and reset windows explorer,
Use Disk cleanup if more than one user exists on the machine use System clean up as well,
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/818-disk-cleanup-open-use.html
Open win-explorer,
Organize on the top left and Folder and search options,
View section and restore defaults, Apply,
If you want to see file extensions for known file types scroll down the list and uncheck that option/ Apply again and Okay,
See how it goes,
Cheers.
Hi thrashzone, i did update everything,, but i forgot to post the log? i have malwarebytes premium edition running now.thanks.
thank you! all fixed! cheers
My System SpecsSystem Spec
20 May 2014   #5
ThrashZone

Win-7 H-Prem-x64 Linux-M-Mate-x64 Win-8.1-10tp-x64
 
 

Great news Phillip,
If you never used the clean option in Adwcleaner please do,
To uninstall Adwcleaner open it again and click on the Uninstall button,
Good investment on mabm premium
Cheers.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
20 May 2014   #6
Riptorn

Windows 7 - 32 Bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ThrashZone View Post
Great news Phillip,
If you never used the clean option in Adwcleaner please do,
To uninstall Adwcleaner open it again and click on the Uninstall button,
Good investment on mabm premium
Cheers.
Thank you once again! yes i did use the clean option in adwcleaner, thanks.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 .jpeg is missing




Thread Tools





Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
JPEG's Will not open
I created a QR code, saved it as a JPEG and sent it to a colleague. I thought I would check it out to make sure it was the right size so after I had sent it, I tried to open it, but all I got is showing on the screen shot. Can anyone tell me what is going on please?? Regards, ...
Music, Pictures & Video
jpeg converter any-where
Would like to convert scanned jpeg files to text for editing etc. Is there a good freebie out there for this.
Music, Pictures & Video
JPEG files missing
I can't see my JPEG files in comptuer / C Drive, but I know they are there. I can open them in photoshop through file / recent. It's as if Windows is not indexing the JPEG files..
Music, Pictures & Video
JPEG, now you see it...
now you don't. Basically, I save a JPEG onto desktop. I know I have. I open Windows Explorer, I see it on there. If I am looking flat straight at desktop----which only has two icons it..I don't see it. Now why would that be?
General Discussion
Missing jpeg files
Downloaded files as jpegs but can't find them in document folder where I saved them to. If I try to resave same file my original one shows up where I saved it to but then still can't access through documents library. I have only had this computer and Windows 7 for a few days and today is the...
Music, Pictures & Video
Jpeg issues
Hi, Have just recovered some pictures using file recovery software but I am unable to view any of them.The windows viewer says they are the wrong file format but they seem to be jpeg as far as I can tell, Does anyone have any ideas?
Music, Pictures & Video

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:00.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App