Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: how to get the original details for each pic back

15 May 2015   #1
BeltFanChris

Windows 7
 
 
how to get the original details for each pic back

I have an issue I hope somebody with greater knowledge can help me out with. I'm going to give all the detail and info of my problem

I'm currently working on a project and for temp. purposes I had to move some pic's to DropBox, when I moved them back to my computer / flash drive from DropBox. I lost the specific details of each individual pic's. I will explain, when you 1st save a image from the internet you get the following details when you place the mouse courser over the pic;

Item Type: HPTSMSMVP.JPG
Rating: Unrated
Dimensions: 206x250
Size: 8.73KB

Now when I went to move my pic's from DropBox on to my flash drive, I now get the following when I roll my mouse courser over the pic's;

Type: HPTSMSMVP.JPG
Size: 8.73KB
Date modified: 5/13/2015 9:53 PM

I hate this alot and I desperately want and really want to get the original details for each pic back. Can I do this and if so how? I currently have Windows 7

If anyone knows how to get the original details for each pic back I would appreciate and be totally grateful to you'll


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
16 May 2015   #2
rvcjew

7 Pro x64, 10 Pro x64
 
 

Dropbox has stripped your meta data for the pictures. At this point you are best using a better handler for that in windows anyway, try this it also works wonders with video. http://mediaarea.net/download/binary...utInstaller.7z Mediainfo is IMO the best thing for this. I Have linked to the 64 bit non installer since the installer has adds. Just extract it somewhere in your main drive and run it and it will do the rest, then just hover over your pics like you normally would.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 May 2015   #3
BeltFanChris

Windows 7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by rvcjew View Post
Dropbox has stripped your meta data for the pictures. At this point you are best using a better handler for that in windows anyway, try this it also works wonders with video. http://mediaarea.net/download/binary...utInstaller.7z Mediainfo is IMO the best thing for this. I Have linked to the 64 bit non installer since the installer has adds. Just extract it somewhere in your main drive and run it and it will do the rest, then just hover over your pics like you normally would.
I very much appreciate the response but that really didn't help me at all. Any other suggestions, I preferred not to have to run a background program every time I open up the pictures folder. Also I ran the program you suggestion and it didn't help me out at all. I'm probably doing something wrong for the program not to work for me
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

16 May 2015   #4
rvcjew

7 Pro x64, 10 Pro x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by BeltFanChris View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by rvcjew View Post
Dropbox has stripped your meta data for the pictures. At this point you are best using a better handler for that in windows anyway, try this it also works wonders with video. http://mediaarea.net/download/binary...utInstaller.7z Mediainfo is IMO the best thing for this. I Have linked to the 64 bit non installer since the installer has adds. Just extract it somewhere in your main drive and run it and it will do the rest, then just hover over your pics like you normally would.
I very much appreciate the response but that really didn't help me at all. Any other suggestions, I preferred not to have to run a background program every time I open up the pictures folder. Also I ran the program you suggestion and it didn't help me out at all. I'm probably doing something wrong for the program not to work for me
No it integrates to the Explorer it does not need to be ran everytime. I am now in bed but if you want can post a pic tomorrow of the part I'm talking about, they don't have screenshots of it which I'm sure is confusing. They should rework those areas of the site Imo.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 May 2015   #5
BeltFanChris

Windows 7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by rvcjew View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by BeltFanChris View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by rvcjew View Post
Dropbox has stripped your meta data for the pictures. At this point you are best using a better handler for that in windows anyway, try this it also works wonders with video. http://mediaarea.net/download/binary...utInstaller.7z Mediainfo is IMO the best thing for this. I Have linked to the 64 bit non installer since the installer has adds. Just extract it somewhere in your main drive and run it and it will do the rest, then just hover over your pics like you normally would.
I very much appreciate the response but that really didn't help me at all. Any other suggestions, I preferred not to have to run a background program every time I open up the pictures folder. Also I ran the program you suggestion and it didn't help me out at all. I'm probably doing something wrong for the program not to work for me
No it integrates to the Explorer it does not need to be ran everytime. I am now in bed but if you want can post a pic tomorrow of the part I'm talking about, they don't have screenshots of it which I'm sure is confusing. They should rework those areas of the site Imo.
I apreciate you trying to help me out. I moved the pic's from my flash drive back to My Picture folder and all the info of the pic came back
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 May 2015   #6
rvcjew

7 Pro x64, 10 Pro x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by BeltFanChris View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by rvcjew View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by BeltFanChris View Post

I very much appreciate the response but that really didn't help me at all. Any other suggestions, I preferred not to have to run a background program every time I open up the pictures folder. Also I ran the program you suggestion and it didn't help me out at all. I'm probably doing something wrong for the program not to work for me
No it integrates to the Explorer it does not need to be ran everytime. I am now in bed but if you want can post a pic tomorrow of the part I'm talking about, they don't have screenshots of it which I'm sure is confusing. They should rework those areas of the site Imo.
I apreciate you trying to help me out. I moved the pic's from my flash drive back to My Picture folder and all the info of the pic came back
Oh that's odd seems the format of your flash drive was holding back meta data or the other folder kept a log of it. Glad you got it back though.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 how to get the original details for each pic back




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Can't get back to original theme
I installed the Static 2.0 metro theme, and even if I delete it from the personalization menu, my icons are still what the theme changed them too. How do I change them back to the original windows seven theme? This is the theme btw: Static + Static Polished + Static Mango by ~snipes2 on...
Themes and Styles
How do i get my folders back to its original appearance
Months ago i installed something(i forgot whats its name) that changes on how the files on the folder will appear, the files will rolls down instead of just showed up when you open a folder. And now i want to change it back to its orig, but i cant, i tried to look for the thing that i installed...
General Discussion
Going back to original.
How do you go back to the original? i mean i patched luxtheme installed some bs (bulls) themes and now i want a theme that dont use aero. --- And is there a theme of windows vista that doesnt use Desktop Window Manager Session?
Customization
How to change theme back to original
by this i mean i have windows 7 razorlight annihialtion, i dont like the themes or the startmenu pritty much the whole thing i want the original ones i had when i had windows 7 home edition. can this be done and how would i do it like is there are an installer of some sort or what????????????? ...
Themes and Styles
Can't get Back original Starter theme
I changed the settings to boost performance and save battery, so now my Windows 7 Starter net book has the grey blocky classic look. I can't figure out how to change it back! I went System > System Properties > advanced > Settings > visual effects and changed them all back to 'adjust for best...
Themes and Styles
Going Back to Original Printer Driver
When I installed the release candidate I immediately did a True Image backup of the installation. Boy, am I glad I did. I began to add programs and printers and when I added my HP Photosmart 2575 and then its Vista drivers. I then made another backup of the what I had added to that point. I...
Drivers


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:52.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App