Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: More Itunes Issues

01 Dec 2009   #1
Windows7inMiami

Windows 7
 
 
More Itunes Issues

Hello, I have recently upgraded to Windows 7 and even after uninstalling ITUNES, and downloding the 64 bit version it still won't auto-sync with my IPOD 60GB Classic. I have a Gateway NV52 Computer. When I plug in my IPOD, the IPOD states not to remove it as it is syncing. Windows recognizes the unit as an external hard drive and opens that. Itunes does NOT open automatically and sync, I have to physically sync it even though these settings are not applied to enable disk usage.

Help?


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
01 Dec 2009   #2
zigzag3143

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Windows7inMiami View Post
Hello, I have recently upgraded to Windows 7 and even after uninstalling ITUNES, and downloding the 64 bit version it still won't auto-sync with my IPOD 60GB Classic. I have a Gateway NV52 Computer. When I plug in my IPOD, the IPOD states not to remove it as it is syncing. Windows recognizes the unit as an external hard drive and opens that. Itunes does NOT open automatically and sync, I have to physically sync it even though these settings are not applied to enable disk usage.

Help?

What version of 64 bit itunes do you have? anything prior to 9.0 will not sync



Ken J+
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Dec 2009   #3
Windows7inMiami

Windows 7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by zigzag3143 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Windows7inMiami View Post
Hello, I have recently upgraded to Windows 7 and even after uninstalling ITUNES, and downloding the 64 bit version it still won't auto-sync with my IPOD 60GB Classic. I have a Gateway NV52 Computer. When I plug in my IPOD, the IPOD states not to remove it as it is syncing. Windows recognizes the unit as an external hard drive and opens that. Itunes does NOT open automatically and sync, I have to physically sync it even though these settings are not applied to enable disk usage.

Help?

What version of 64 bit itunes do you have? anything prior to 9.0 will not sync



Ken J+

Version 9.0, I deleted it and downloaded it again, IDK why it won't work? The IPOD is viewed as an external storage device, and ITUNES won't open, I have to manually open ITUNES the plug in the IPOD, then it'll sync.



Help?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

06 Dec 2009   #4
saze

W7
 
 

Dumb question, but I assume auto-sync with device is checked in iTunes?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
07 Dec 2009   #5
Windows7inMiami

Windows 7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by saze View Post
Dumb question, but I assume auto-sync with device is checked in iTunes?

the option isn't offered under devices but I do have it set to "OPEN ITUNES WHEN IPOD IS ATTACHED".


Things have gone from bad to worse. Every time I start ITUNES< windows 7 basic viewer has to be applied, and then I get an error from ITUNES states it has an error from using an older version of software from windows. I mean, why is this so hard? Why does it refuse to work, I mean ITUNES, quite common.

Here are ALL the erros I get when trying to use ITUNES.



Auto Play wants to open files in the Ipod and I have no idea how to stop this.

compatibility mode and then color scheme changes. I don't know what to do.


It just refuses to work.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
08 Dec 2009   #6
Windows7inMiami

Windows 7
 
 

This is a HUGE issue now as I cannot update any new music to itunes, it is completely useless now. I have installed and uninstalled Itunes twice, 64Bit and again refuses to work and I get all the errors above.

Please help?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Jan 2010   #7
Windows7inMiami

Windows 7
 
 

Things are working much better now that I did a custom install of Windows 7, it just works now, much faster too.

Case Closed, make sure you download the 64 Bit version.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
07 Jan 2010   #8
Windows7inMiami

Windows 7
 
 

Well Itunes did open on it's own for a bit and now for whatever reason is refusing again. No idea why.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Jan 2010   #9
Windows7inMiami

Windows 7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Windows7inMiami View Post
Well Itunes did open on it's own for a bit and now for whatever reason is refusing again. No idea why.

Still an issue, every time I plug in my ipod it refuses to load it an Windows 7 asks me if I want too view it's files. So aggravating.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 More Itunes Issues




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Issues with iTunes
iTunes is really starting to irritate me now. Upon first start-up , iTunes runs perfectly and performs how it should. However when I close the software and attempt to open it again nothing happens. I then go onto task manger and end the iTunes process. I then again try to open iTunes and as soon as...
Music, Pictures & Video
Sound Priority Issues (Steam-iTunes)
Hello, I have an issue that whenever I have music playing either over YouTube or iTunes the sound always becomes quiet whenever I either receive a message from Steam and the notification noise goes off. It also happens in-game, say I'm playing Team Fortress 2 and have iTunes playing in...
Sound & Audio
Issues installing itunes
Hi, I am having trouble installing iTunes. A couple weeks ago, when after I had imported a cd and plug in my ipod to sync. An error message popped up saying: Bonjour failed. Verify you have privileges. Also, I am only able to install or uninstall programs in safe mode. Please help! ...
Software
Can't restart/shut down, can't open iTunes, folder issues
My biggest issue is I can't restart my machine which I think might be the source of the other problems. I've searched through various forums and one solution that seemed to help a lot of people involved the Device Manager and the IEEE1394 Bus host controller. When I go to my Device Manager in...
Performance & Maintenance
iTunes installing issues- windows 7
Okay here is the issue.. If any more info is needed to help me out please let me know and I will try to get it for you.. My Father gets Software for free from his job, So he brought Windows 7 over and I installed it for him on his laptop since he hated Windows Vista, and then I installed it onto...
Software
Sidewinder X6, issues with iTunes
Hi, Got a Microsoft Sidewinder X6 kb and when I install the IntelliType Pro driver/software it stops the media (play, pause, skip) buttons fuctioning in iTunes (full screen or not). Without IntelliType they work but without it I can't setup macros, custom buttons etc. btw there are no...
Hardware & Devices


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:51.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App