Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Can't watch videos from....

10 Jan 2010   #1

Windows 7 32-Bit
 
 
Can't watch videos from....

Windows website. Just got the new WIndows 7 and wanted to watch some how to videos at Windows website but only get sound no picture. I can watch videos at other sites but not Windows.

I downloaded the recommended driver but still no luck.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

11 Jan 2010   #2
Microsoft MVP

64-bit Windows 8.1 Enterprise
 
 

Hello Jeff, and welcome to Seven Forums.

Is this Windows website a Microsoft website that you are referring to. If so, then you may need to have Silverlight installed to watch the videos. Most sites you will need to have Adobe Flash Player installed to watch videos.

Hope this helps,
Shawn
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Jan 2010   #3

Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Brink View Post
Hello Jeff, and welcome to Seven Forums.

Is this Windows website a Microsoft website that you are referring to. If so, then you may need to have Silverlight installed to watch the videos. Most sites you will need to have Adobe Flash Player installed to watch videos.

Hope this helps,
Shawn
Hi JeffinJapan and welcome.

I agree, Brinks' post above is exactly where I'd start.

If you have no success, please let us know what site you are are attempting to watch media from. Also, if you can, please update your PC specifications so we know what your hardware is and whether your OS is 32 bit or 64 bit.
Lastly: -
  • Download the latest codec packs.
  • If it's a real Media file with Cook audio, It apparently does't work under 64bit player (just learnt that this morning, thanks Shark007)
  • Try a different browser.

Good luck!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


11 Jan 2010   #4

Windows 7 32-Bit
 
 

Switched browsers...works like a charm. Thanks for the help.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Jan 2010   #5

Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by JeffinJapan View Post
Switched browsers...works like a charm. Thanks for the help.
Great Jeff,
I'm glad you have a solution. It'd be nice to know why the other browser was failing, if are curious, look at disabling addins/extensions. But if you are just happy to use what works, then all is well too
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Jan 2010   #6

Windows 7 32-Bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by TimStitt View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by JeffinJapan View Post
Switched browsers...works like a charm. Thanks for the help.
Great Jeff,
I'm glad you have a solution. It'd be nice to know why the other browser was failing, if are curious, look at disabling addins/extensions. But if you are just happy to use what works, then all is well too
I would like to know as well. I installed Silverlight as was suggested and I have Adobe Flash installed too.

I'm going to fool around with it and see if I can't get them to work.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Jan 2010   #7

Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
 
 

Sweet, let us know if you need any help.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Can't watch videos from....




Thread Tools




Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:42 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33