Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Windows Media Player- Bluray


17 Jan 2010   #1
MitchellEve

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 
Windows Media Player- Bluray

Hey Guys,

is there anything I can download so I can play my Bluray movies using Windows Media Player?

WINDOWS MEDIA PLAYER only.. if possible


My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Jan 2010   #2
valtonray

Windows 7 Ultimate Signature Edition
 
 

windows 7 does not natively support blu ray, try looking into this...Advanced codec support inside Media Center with Media Control
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Jan 2010   #3
derekimo

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Pro 64 SP1
 
 

Here's what Microsoft Answers has to say,
Windows 7 Media player will not play back BluRay disc's
And some other info about Blu-Ray for PC
What Blu-ray software should I get for my PC??? - Blu-ray Forum
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Jan 2010   #4
MitchellEve

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by valtonray View Post
windows 7 does not natively support blu ray, try looking into this...Advanced codec support inside Media Center with Media Control
great, I will give this a try. Do you know if it works with Windows Media player as well? I hate using 3RD Party video players, usually they just addon so much shit to my computer.

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by derekimo View Post
Here's what Microsoft Answers has to say,
Windows 7 Media player will not play back BluRay disc's
And some other info about Blu-Ray for PC
What Blu-ray software should I get for my PC??? - Blu-ray Forum
Thanks... but I'm looking for codecs not really external programs unless I have to install a program that has the codecs.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Jan 2010   #5
derekimo

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Pro 64 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by MitchellEve View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by valtonray View Post
windows 7 does not natively support blu ray, try looking into this...Advanced codec support inside Media Center with Media Control
great, I will give this a try. Do you know if it works with Windows Media player as well? I hate using 3RD Party video players, usually they just addon so much shit to my computer.

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by derekimo View Post
Here's what Microsoft Answers has to say,
Windows 7 Media player will not play back BluRay disc's
And some other info about Blu-Ray for PC
What Blu-ray software should I get for my PC??? - Blu-ray Forum
Thanks... but I'm looking for codecs not really external programs unless I have to install a program that has the codecs.
You're going to need more than just codecs.

Here's a post you might want to read, http://www.sevenforums.com/software/...ndows-7-a.html
Here's a couple of other things to check out,
CyberLink Blu-ray Disc Support

AnyDVD & AnyDVD HD - Video software and downloads - VideoHelp.com
Hope that helps you out.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Jan 2011   #6
Zepher

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by MitchellEve View Post
Hey Guys,

is there anything I can download so I can play my Bluray movies using Windows Media Player?

WINDOWS MEDIA PLAYER only.. if possible
are your bluray movies on a disc or did you download BD rips from the net?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Jan 2011   #7
Shark007

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by MitchellEve View Post
Thanks... but I'm looking for codecs
Get DVDFab HD Decrypter, with that FREE tool loaded,
copy the largest M2TS file from the STREAM folder on the BD to your harddrive.

Using Shark007s' Win7codecs, open the Settings Application and choose to use the SUGGESTED settings. Next, go to the MPG~MP4 TAB and select the blu-ray splitter.
WMP or Media Center can now play that M2TS file in all its untouched glory.

One note of caution; the current SUGGESTED settings cause issues with MP4's.
To fix it, go to the SWAP TAB and set AAC audio back to Microsoft.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Dec 2013   #8
cherryhunter

Windows 7 Home Premium 32bit
 
 

The only thing that you need to do is do some conversion to the format that Windows Media Player supported. I am using Pavtube Blu-ray Ripper which can support to convet BD/DVD to any format like .mp4, .mov, etc.Here is a guide for you:Rip Blu-ray Disc to 1080p/ 720p HD MP4 at fastest speed
My System SpecsSystem Spec
27 Dec 2013   #9
BugMeister

64-Bit W7 Ult_sp1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by derekimo View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by MitchellEve View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by valtonray View Post
windows 7 does not natively support blu ray, try looking into this...Advanced codec support inside Media Center with Media Control
great, I will give this a try. Do you know if it works with Windows Media player as well? I hate using 3RD Party video players, usually they just addon so much shit to my computer.

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by derekimo View Post
Here's what Microsoft Answers has to say,
Windows 7 Media player will not play back BluRay disc's
And some other info about Blu-Ray for PC
What Blu-ray software should I get for my PC??? - Blu-ray Forum
Thanks... but I'm looking for codecs not really external programs unless I have to install a program that has the codecs.
You're going to need more than just codecs.

Here's a post you might want to read, http://www.sevenforums.com/software/...ndows-7-a.html
Here's a couple of other things to check out,
CyberLink Blu-ray Disc Support

AnyDVD & AnyDVD HD - Video software and downloads - VideoHelp.com
Hope that helps you out.

CyberLink gets my vote, as well
really good software, excellent controls and options..

..money well spent!!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Windows Media Player- Bluray




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: Windows Media Player- Bluray
Thread Forum
Yet another media player to play bluray movies Music, Pictures & Video
Trouble getting burned files to play on bluray player? Sound & Audio
Is this a good Bluray player? Media Center
Open Windows Media Player Inside Windows Media Player Media Center
Solved Cannot Seem To Make Windows Media Player The Default Player For WAV Music, Pictures & Video

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:56 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App