Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Windows Media Player 12 Sucks Eggs


03 Mar 2010   #61
Arc

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit SP 1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Shark007 View Post
It is an impossible dream to think every file ever concocted by a human can be played without some SIMPLE (singleclick) adjustment. For your dual audio avi files, go to the AVI TAB of the settings interface and choose to use Haali's splitter. Now one track will play and you can choose which audio track you prefer though the white tray icon.

I provide the tools, you just need to make the adjustment.
I use your tools. The codec pack provided by you is really nice! But I found it is easier to play a dual audio video file using vlc. Though I an not a fan of vlc, I still believe that There is a scope of improvement in WMP to satisfy all needs of the users.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

05 Mar 2010   #62

Windows 7 Home Premium (64 bit)
 
 

I like Media Player Classic, the best feature is if you are watching a long movie and get tired and fall asleep it will shutdown your PC when finished playing the file, I don't think VLC or WMP12 do this, but then again I maybe wrong.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
05 Mar 2010   #63

Win7 RTM
 
 

Foobar2000 for any music files and vlc 1.0.5 for all my videos I watch
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


06 Mar 2010   #64

Windows 7 Home Premium
 
 

Windows media player for everything !!!
I truely believe it has the best interface (vlc=gray, foobar=never heard of it, media classic=boring, etc. )

Btw, to the thread starter: you really don't have any right to say that windows media player "sucks eggs". That is unprofessional and gives you a bad impression unless you can point out why.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Mar 2010   #65

Windows 7 Home Premium (64 bit)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Pichu View Post
Windows media player for everything !!!
I truely believe it has the best interface (vlc=gray, foobar=never heard of it, media classic=boring, etc. )

Btw, to the thread starter: you really don't have any right to say that windows media player "sucks eggs". That is unprofessional and gives you a bad impression unless you can point out why.
Does Windows Media Player shutdown the computer after a file has finished playing... I think not. Media Player Classic is by no means boring, ok the interface is lacking a bit but it does have some great pan & scan, dual monitor & capture options.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Mar 2010   #66

Windows 7 Home Premium
 
 

What in world? media player shuts down the computer after a file has finished playing? .-.-. That is not a typical problem, I think. That is a serious issue that probably affects very few of us....Hybridfan, have you tried using the windows 7 troubleshooting pack to solve your problem?

In anycase, these are simply opinions =). I believe that media player classic looks weird compared to the advanced graphics in windows 7 >.< VLC looks just as boring. Windows media player, however, actually looks more modern Though, of course, these are just opinions.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
08 Mar 2010   #67

Win7 RTM
 
 

Foobar2000 is awesome check it out here foobar2000
here is a screenshot of it on my pc you can skin the player as well
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Mar 2010   #68

Windows 7 Ultimate
 
 

Why won't Windows Media Player 12 open to full screen by default?

Is there any way (perferably without the use of third party software) to force windows media player to 1.) open maximized, regardless of whether I open up ANY mp3 file or movie file?

THAT'S ALL I WANT from Windows Media Player. I don't know WHY this is impossible to do. In Vista it was SIMPLE (scary thought I know). All I had to do was maximize the Player window ONCE and when I exited out of it, the system/OS REMEMBERED that it was in maximized mode and regardless of what song I choose it opened up Windows Media Player in Maximized mode.

Please note that I'm NOT talking about Full Screen. I want it MAXIMIZED. I'm SICK AND TIRED of that stupid small box opening up whenever I want to listen to music.

I'm gonna state my problem again just to be CLEAR....

Windows Media Player 12 in Windows 7 DOES NOT remember the window state of the "now playing" view. As a result, even if you maximize the window, close it, and later open some video OR music file from Windows Explorer, the WMP window is NEVER maximized. Instead it keeps insisting on opening a small little box that I cannot see or enjoy my music on. So I'm FORCED to keep pressing the maximize button in the top right of the window EVERY SINGLE TIME. And it's annoying. I don't want to have to use iTunes to listen to my music collection.


I don't understand why this issue is not fixed. I like my Media Player window to always start maximized, and judging by people's response to WMP12, I'm not the only one.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Mar 2010   #69

Win 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1 (desktop)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by TheLionOfAzza View Post
Why won't Windows Media Player 12 open to full screen by default?

Is there any way (perferably without the use of third party software) to force windows media player to 1.) open maximized, regardless of whether I open up ANY mp3 file or movie file?

THAT'S ALL I WANT from Windows Media Player. I don't know WHY this is impossible to do. In Vista it was SIMPLE (scary thought I know). All I had to do was maximize the Player window ONCE and when I exited out of it, the system/OS REMEMBERED that it was in maximized mode and regardless of what song I choose it opened up Windows Media Player in Maximized mode.

Please note that I'm NOT talking about Full Screen. I want it MAXIMIZED. I'm SICK AND TIRED of that stupid small box opening up whenever I want to listen to music.

I'm gonna state my problem again just to be CLEAR....

Windows Media Player 12 in Windows 7 DOES NOT remember the window state of the "now playing" view. As a result, even if you maximize the window, close it, and later open some video OR music file from Windows Explorer, the WMP window is NEVER maximized. Instead it keeps insisting on opening a small little box that I cannot see or enjoy my music on. So I'm FORCED to keep pressing the maximize button in the top right of the window EVERY SINGLE TIME. And it's annoying. I don't want to have to use iTunes to listen to my music collection.


I don't understand why this issue is not fixed. I like my Media Player window to always start maximized, and judging by people's response to WMP12, I'm not the only one.
I'm not the biggest fan of WMP12 either, but this seems like a silly thing to complain about.....is the one click to maximize really such an arduous chore?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Mar 2010   #70

Windows 7 Home Premium (64 bit)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Pichu View Post
What in world? media player shuts down the computer after a file has finished playing? .-.-. That is not a typical problem, I think. That is a serious issue that probably affects very few of us....Hybridfan, have you tried using the windows 7 troubleshooting pack to solve your problem?

In anycase, these are simply opinions =). I believe that media player classic looks weird compared to the advanced graphics in windows 7 >.< VLC looks just as boring. Windows media player, however, actually looks more modern Though, of course, these are just opinions.
if you are watching a long movie and get tired and fall asleep it will shutdown your PC when finished playing the file
LOL I'm not saying it's a problem, I'm saying its a nifty feature. Read more carefully in future
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Windows Media Player 12 Sucks Eggs




Thread Tools




Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:27 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33