Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Adding Your Own Album Art In Windows Media Player


01 Apr 2010   #1

Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit Edition RTM build 7600.16385
 
 
Adding Your Own Album Art In Windows Media Player

How can I add my own album art in my music album library in Windows Media Player 12?

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

01 Apr 2010   #2

Win 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1 (desktop)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Flava0ne View Post
How can I add my own album art in my music album library in Windows Media Player 12?
I wouldn't do it with WMP at all. If you don't want WMP to do it itself(it can),then I would recommend mp3tag.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Apr 2010   #3

Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit Edition RTM build 7600.16385
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by noobvious View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Flava0ne View Post
How can I add my own album art in my music album library in Windows Media Player 12?
I wouldn't do it with WMP at all. If you don't want WMP to do it itself(it can),then I would recommend mp3tag.
Cool, thanks man!

Yeah, I turned off the option in Windows Media Player 12 when it searches online for missing info on my music albums cause I'm really meticulous about how I want the ID tags to be for them and that little app you linked in your post just made a dream of mines come true!

I got 2 questions though, how do I put back an album that I deleted from the WMP library back into it, and if I add the album art to an album that's already in the WMP library that didn't show it before, will it show up when I do add it?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


01 Apr 2010   #4

Win 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1 (desktop)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Flava0ne View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by noobvious View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Flava0ne View Post
How can I add my own album art in my music album library in Windows Media Player 12?
I wouldn't do it with WMP at all. If you don't want WMP to do it itself(it can),then I would recommend mp3tag.
Cool, thanks man!

Yeah, I turned off the option in Windows Media Player 12 when it searches online for missing info on my music albums cause I'm really meticulous about how I want the ID tags to be for them and that little app you linked in your post just made a dream of mines come true!

I got 2 questions though, how do I put back an album that I deleted from the WMP library back into it, and if I add the album art to an album that's already in the WMP library that didn't show it before, will it show up when I do add it?
I think as long as WMP is set to monitor the folder that the music is in, then the next time you start it up it will re-scan that folder, so the deleted album will come back in. Same thing should apply to the album art that you added, I think....but I'm not fond of WMP myself, so I haven't used it in a while, so I hope I'm right.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Apr 2010   #5

Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit Edition RTM build 7600.16385
 
 

No, I just tried it after adding the album art with Mp3tag and WMP still doesn't show the album art. I'm too, not really fond of WMP, is just that I have this skin for it that matches exactly with my theme that I actually wanted to use it. The only other choice would be to use iTunes then, because you can add your own album art to your albums/playlists that you have in it. Oh well, but thanks anyways for your help!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Apr 2010   #6

Win 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1 (desktop)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Flava0ne View Post
No, I just tried it after adding the album art with Mp3tag and WMP still doesn't show the album art. I'm too, not really fond of WMP, is just that I have this skin for it that matches exactly with my theme that I actually wanted to use it. The only other choice would be to use iTunes then, because you can add your own album art to your albums/playlists that you have in it. Oh well, but thanks anyways for your help!
Not really....there are plenty of options. Mediamonkey, WinAmp, J.River Media Jukebox.....I wouldn't saddle my system with iTunes unless I had a newer iPod that needed it. If you have one, then that's the way to go....otherwise, I'd at least take a look at these other alternatives. I use Mediamonkey for my audio, and VLC for my video.

Good luck!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Apr 2010   #7

Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit Edition RTM build 7600.16385
 
 

Well, I got an iPhone and I already have iTunes will all my albums in it with the album art. But I don't use iTunes to play my music when I'm on my PC, strictly for my iPhone only.

I guess I'll use Winamp to play my music on my PC then, cause I already have it anyways. I just wished that WMP 12 would've been more user friendly than the previous versions, plus I like how it looks with the skin that I have for it when it's in library view. But I guess you can't have everything exactly like how you want it, oh well.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Adding Your Own Album Art In Windows Media Player




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: Adding Your Own Album Art In Windows Media Player
Thread Forum
Windows Media Player Turning Album Art Black Music, Pictures & Video
Windows Media Player Library Album Art Tutorials
Windows Media Player always displays album art Music, Pictures & Video
Media Player and album art Media Center
Windows Media Player - Album Art Music, Pictures & Video
Album Issues With Windows Media Player Music, Pictures & Video

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:34 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33