Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Sony Vegas & Photoshop

27 Jun 2010   #1
Ezenemy

Windows 7
 
 
Sony Vegas & Photoshop

Hey fellars. So first off check my specs, you're going to see that my computer could run these programs with 1/25th of it's capabilities. Now recently, my whole computer has gone to shit, gaming and everything. But that's a different thread. I am going to buy a new GFX card and PSU but, what if I buy that and this problem still persists?

So this is my problem, in Vegas , well there is no other way to put it. I honestly cannot use this program it is so slow, when I want to put a video file on the track it takes about 5 minutes to select it, and about another 2 to actually put it on the track. When I select a video FX it takes SO long to move everything. When I add text, and type in something it takes about 45 seconds for ONE letter to show up. The same problems pretty much in Photoshop.

Now I have updated everything with Vegas and PS and even everything on my computer, I have also tried setting the priority to "high" in the task manager but that does not help.

The general basis guys is I need to use these programs a lot and I haven't been able to use them these last three weeks and it's going to mess up my career.

I'll take any goddamn advice, please anything !


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

27 Jun 2010   #2
mitchell65

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

Sorry but if you know you have a couple of hardware problems with your PC would it not be prudent to fix those first and then test your two programs for performance. An iffy PSU will certainly cause slowness.
EDIT
Have just read your previous thread here;
Reformat
It doesn't indicate that that problem has been resolved. What's the situation as far as that problem is concerned?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
27 Jun 2010   #3
mitchell65

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

Have looked at all your other posts now and they all refer to the same basic problem, slow performance which seems to be a hardware problem but all of the threads remain open ended, you haven't said whether the last suggestions made to you worked or not so it is difficult to know where to start.
Also if your PC was bought in November last year is it not still covered by a guarantee or warranty? If the PSU is faulty as one of your posts suggest should this not be replaced by HP?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


27 Jun 2010   #4
Ezenemy

Windows 7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by mitchell65 View Post
Have looked at all your other posts now and they all refer to the same basic problem, slow performance which seems to be a hardware problem but all of the threads remain open ended, you haven't said whether the last suggestions made to you worked or not so it is difficult to know where to start.
Also if your PC was bought in November last year is it not still covered by a guarantee or warranty? If the PSU is faulty as one of your posts suggest should this not be replaced by HP?
Yes it is still under warranty. I guess my next move would to give it back to them, what should I tell them though, a faulty PSU?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Jun 2010   #5
mitchell65

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Ezenemy View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by mitchell65 View Post
Have looked at all your other posts now and they all refer to the same basic problem, slow performance which seems to be a hardware problem but all of the threads remain open ended, you haven't said whether the last suggestions made to you worked or not so it is difficult to know where to start.
Also if your PC was bought in November last year is it not still covered by a guarantee or warranty? If the PSU is faulty as one of your posts suggest should this not be replaced by HP?
Yes it is still under warranty. I guess my next move would to give it back to them, what should I tell them though, a faulty PSU?
If I were in your situation I would, first back up all of my data files then restore the machine back to the original factory settings which I believe is a feature available in an HP machine and see how it performs with the pre-installed software that came with the machine. Try using Windows Paint or similar. Then report your findings to HP, If the machine is still slow you could suggest that you think it might be a faulty PSU but they will need to check that themselves. Look at your warranty, is it a RTB (Return to base)?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Jun 2010   #6
Ezenemy

Windows 7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by mitchell65 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Ezenemy View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by mitchell65 View Post
Have looked at all your other posts now and they all refer to the same basic problem, slow performance which seems to be a hardware problem but all of the threads remain open ended, you haven't said whether the last suggestions made to you worked or not so it is difficult to know where to start.
Also if your PC was bought in November last year is it not still covered by a guarantee or warranty? If the PSU is faulty as one of your posts suggest should this not be replaced by HP?
Yes it is still under warranty. I guess my next move would to give it back to them, what should I tell them though, a faulty PSU?
If I were in your situation I would, first back up all of my data files then restore the machine back to the original factory settings which I believe is a feature available in an HP machine and see how it performs with the pre-installed software that came with the machine. Try using Windows Paint or similar. Then report your findings to HP, If the machine is still slow you could suggest that you think it might be a faulty PSU but they will need to check that themselves. Look at your warranty, is it a RTB (Return to base)?
I'm not sure what kind of warranty I have, all I know is I have one.

And I have tried reformatting, well and this is a thing I'm not sure of. I have a recovery disk but I'm not sure how to use it with Win7 because this computer originally had Vista. So when I say I've been "reformatting" I mean I've been using the upgrade disk. So I don't think it's a legitimate and complete "reformat".
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Jun 2010   #7
mitchell65

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

To save getting too complicated, just uninstall the programs you have put on the machine, back up as I suggested before and assuming that your upgrade to Win 7 was from the free one offered when you bought the machine contact HP and point out the problems you are having and what you think is wrong. No need to mention what programs you had installed earlier!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Jun 2010   #8
Ezenemy

Windows 7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by mitchell65 View Post
To save getting too complicated, just uninstall the programs you have put on the machine, back up as I suggested before and assuming that your upgrade to Win 7 was from the free one offered when you bought the machine contact HP and point out the problems you are having and what you think is wrong. No need to mention what programs you had installed earlier!
I really didn't understand what you meant here.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Jun 2010   #9
mitchell65

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Ezenemy View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by mitchell65 View Post
To save getting too complicated, just uninstall the programs you have put on the machine, back up as I suggested before and assuming that your upgrade to Win 7 was from the free one offered when you bought the machine contact HP and point out the problems you are having and what you think is wrong. No need to mention what programs you had installed earlier!
I really didn't understand what you meant here.
Just un-install Sony Vegas and Photoshop and any games you have b=installed on the PC. Then backup your data files if you have any. Then contact HP or the retailer where you bought the machine and explain your problems and suggest, if you wish that you think it might be a PSU problem and see what they say!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Sony Vegas & Photoshop




Thread Tools





Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Sony Vegas does Not Open?
Hey guys, I'm new here and trying to sort this out frantically so sorry if it's the entirely wrong place! I was editing on Sony Vegas Premium 10.0 yesterday, but when I came to it today it refuses to open when I click it. Might this have something to do with a newer version of Windows 7? Please...
Hardware & Devices
Sony Vegas Pro 11 Grey screens
Recently I noticed this problem from Sony Vegas Pro 11 (latest version..its updated ) after a month or so not opening it as i was not editing any video then right now i opened it then inserted video's etc and transitions but when i open prompts its all grey screen just like in the screen shot i...
Software
Sony Vegas 11 - Simple Help Needed.
Hi there. Does anyone know how i can get the 'Text' option back that's usually next to 'Media Generators' and 'Video FX'. It randomly disappeared. Please see the picture to see what i mean. http://img802.imageshack.us/img802/3531/capturenq.png Thankyou.
Software
Sony Vegas 9
I have audio but no video it just shows black. This works on my vista but not my windows 7 :(? http://i922.photobucket.com/albums/ad70/jessejw/sonyvegas.png
Software
Cant Install sony vegas 9.0 on Windos7 Please help
Hi, I just got windows 7 and I am unable to install sony vegas 9.0. i get a message saying " Requirements not met. Press OK to Exit Install. when it gets to the part where you install C++ and WMF11. I have attached a picture of the error. Please help I really need Vegas, since i make a lot...
Software
Sony Vegas 8
I installed Sony Vegas 8.0a and i keep getting low memory errors. It doesn't even go above 30% and it says that. This never happened when i had Vista but since i got Windows 7 installed, its been happening. Is there a way to fix it, if you please post. Thanks.
Gaming

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 19:24.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App