Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Video Editing Program

22 Jul 2010   #31
mitchell65

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Spottedfeather View Post
I'm seriously close to giving up. I haven't found a free progam that will do what I want. Oh, well.
Hi Spottedfeather
Have just sent you a PM. I think I have solved the problem.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
22 Jul 2010   #32
whs
Microsoft MVP

Vista, Windows7, Mint Mate, Zorin, Windows 8
 
 

What exactly can you not do? - e.g. with WLMM
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Jul 2010   #33
Pusspa

 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Spottedfeather View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Arc View Post
Once I have done some video enhancements using virtualdub, though those were .avi files. And there is another tool (paid) that can do the same thing faster. It is Video Enhancer 1.9.3 Free trial - Video quality enhancement tool .
Virtualdub has spyware and adware.
spottedfeather, you have to be joking (or an idiot) when you say virtualdub is spyware. i have been using that program for the last six years, and i challenge you to back up your ridiculous claims with some proof. Virtualdub is one of the most complete and versatile video editing programs that i have ever used. What a stupid thing to say.

EDIT: I would be more than happy to show you how to use virtualdub if the problem is that you are not sure how to use it.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

23 Jul 2010   #34
Hipster Doofus

Windows 7 Pro x64 -- PCLinuxOS KDE4 FullMonty 2011
 
 

virtualdub is a fantastic program. Nothing to worry about. It is CLEAN.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Jul 2010   #35
whs
Microsoft MVP

Vista, Windows7, Mint Mate, Zorin, Windows 8
 
 

You guys made me curious about Videodub. Could someone give a short summary why one would want to use it rather than e.g. WMM or WLMM. I use those or Machete which is a lossless editor that is extremely fast. One thing I noticed about Videodub is that it seems to support only a few codecs - but maybe I read that wrong. And it definitely does not have malware. The largest German computer mag Chip distributes it - and those guys check all programs out thoroughly before they release them.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Jul 2010   #36
Arc

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Microsoft Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Pusspa View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Spottedfeather View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Arc View Post
Once I have done some video enhancements using virtualdub, though those were .avi files. And there is another tool (paid) that can do the same thing faster. It is Video Enhancer 1.9.3 Free trial - Video quality enhancement tool .
Virtualdub has spyware and adware.
spottedfeather, you have to be joking (or an idiot) when you say virtualdub is spyware. i have been using that program for the last six years, and i challenge you to back up your ridiculous claims with some proof. Virtualdub is one of the most complete and versatile video editing programs that i have ever used. What a stupid thing to say.

EDIT: I would be more than happy to show you how to use virtualdub if the problem is that you are not sure how to use it.
And I am not sure how to find a spyware or adware there
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Jul 2010   #37
mitchell65

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

As I said earlier I think I have solved Spottedfeather's problem. I have just sent him the Folders for a DVD and I hope to put the answer up on the Forum shortly.
Just to add my two pennyworth to the ongoing discussion about Virtual Hub. The OP seems to be convinced that it carries something malicious so he is never going to be confident using it. In the UK we a have a thing called "S***s" law which means that if he did use it malware or spyware would undoubtedly descend upon him from a great height so it is probably best if he steers clear of it! (IMHO, that is)
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Jul 2010   #38
Arc

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Microsoft Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by mitchell65 View Post
As I said earlier I think I have solved Spottedfeather's problem. I have just sent him the Folders for a DVD and I hope to put the answer up on the Forum shortly.
Just to add my two pennyworth to the ongoing discussion about Virtual Hub. The OP seems to be convinced that it carries something malicious so he is never going to be confident using it. In the UK we a have a thing called "S***s" law which means that if he did use it malware or spyware would undoubtedly descend upon him from a great height so it is probably best if he steers clear of it! (IMHO, that is)
Well done, John !! Nice work as usual
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Jul 2010   #39
Spottedfeather

Windows 7 Home Premium
 
 

I finally got the files not corrupt, but I don't have any blank dvds to test the file out.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 Jul 2010   #40
mitchell65

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Spottedfeather View Post
I finally got the files not corrupt, but I don't have any blank dvds to test the file out.
Well I can't help there, I'm afraid. It hardly seems worth while to post a DVD to you from the UK. All I can do is to say that if you can find a blank DVD (they cost less that 30 cents in the US I believe) I'm prepared to quarantee that there is no hissing in the background of the video. The speech is remarkably clear given that this was an original old film, converted to a VHS tape and then captured to a digital format, then rendered to a DVD.
Again I would ask, are you happy for me to quote my findings here on the open Forum?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Video Editing Program




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Windows 8- Graphics Performance- Photo Editing/Video Editing
My question narrows down to what would be a better OS to use for Photo Editing and or occasional video editing. The software used for Photo Editing would be Adobe Lightroom 4.0 and Adobe Photoshop. All software versions using latest build- approved system requirements would meet critieria with...
Music, Pictures & Video
Free Video Editing Program
I am looking for a free or inexpensive video editing program. I believe windows live has some sort of video editing program but I haven't tried it yet. Hopefully there is something easy to use and cheap :)
Music, Pictures & Video
good editing program?
hi guys i am looking for a good editing program for video that is easy to use and has the ability to watermark videos and narrate video i tried pinnacle liked it but i lacked the ability to water videos and cyberlink powerdirector has to many problems any thoughts? i was thinking of sony vegas...
Music, Pictures & Video
editing video files program
is there a program (not complicated) that can edit video files? I have the Sound Forge that works very well to edit audio files and I am looking for something similar for video files. thanks.
Software
Music Editing Program
I'm using Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit. What I need is an easy to use editing program that works on 64 bit. Free would be better but I would pay for one if it's the better one. I'm fixing to start converting some of my vinyl to CD.
Music, Pictures & Video
video editing program help!
it does not matter what program i try windows live movie maker, cyberlink powerdirector 7 and 8 when i preview the movie in the program it does not preview proberly it skips and than freezes i need help as i am startiing to hate windows 7 over this i dont know that because i use a 64 bit version if...
Music, Pictures & Video


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:45.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App