About a week ago i took my backup HDD over to a friends house and copied my music archive (around 55,000 MP3s) to his computer. After WMP12 had added the music into the library we noticed that a lot of tags were missing from files and they had 0bytes file size. We checked in windows explorer and the tags were fine.
I have the same MP3s on my computer and there was no trouble, until recently i was adding in new music and it would appear in my library one day and the next be gone. I couldn't delete any music from the library so i had to delete the library manually. I then proceeded to add the music back in and i now have the same problem with tags as my friend did.
I know that there is nothing actually wrong with the files or tags them selfs. It is WMP12 acting strangely.
I would also like to add this, because i find it strange.
A-F are all intact
2 in G have the problem
H-I are about 50/50
J-R are all heavily afected by the bug
S is dead until the last 15 and everything else onwards is fine.
This info is gathered from the folder view. Ive now noticed in artist tab that everything is very different. This is all very irritating and confusing. any insight/thoughts advice etc you can share with me would be great
thanks for your time.