Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Major connection problems on laptop at college


30 Aug 2010   #11
heaumanepunk

se7en
 
 

Seems to be Enabled.
jack4rall - Aug 17, 2010 7:05pm BST
Hello,
Click on Start --> Run --> type devmgmt.msc and click on OK. Is there any yellow mark in the device manager. Can you see your network adapter in the device manager ?

Have U updated your network drivers?


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

30 Aug 2010   #12
suzannec

Windows 7 Home 64 bit OEM
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by heaumanepunk View Post
Seems to be Enabled.
jack4rall - Aug 17, 2010 7:05pm BST
Hello,
Click on Start --> Run --> type devmgmt.msc and click on OK. Is there any yellow mark in the device manager. Can you see your network adapter in the device manager ?

Have U updated your network drivers?
There are no yellow signs and yes, I can. I updated the network drivers yesterday.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Aug 2010   #13
heaumanepunk

se7en
 
 

Did these drivers come with the laptop?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


30 Aug 2010   #14
suzannec

Windows 7 Home 64 bit OEM
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by heaumanepunk View Post
Did these drivers come with the laptop?
Yes.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Aug 2010   #15
heaumanepunk

se7en
 
 

My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Aug 2010   #16
heaumanepunk

se7en
 
 

Good luck. GOOGLE really is a big help.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Aug 2010   #17
kegobeer

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
 
 

Since you are on campus, maybe the campus IT department can help?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Aug 2010   #18
heaumanepunk

se7en
 
 
Yea

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by kegobeer View Post
Since you are on campus, maybe the campus IT department can help?
Thats what I was thinking but forgot to mention.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Aug 2010   #19
suzannec

Windows 7 Home 64 bit OEM
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by heaumanepunk View Post
I don't know how to find this stuff, though:

We have the following entries that are important.
a) Obtain an IP address automatically
b) IP Address
c) Subnet mask
d) Default gateway
e) Obtain DNS server address automatically
f) “Use the following DNS server addresses”
g) Preferred DNS server
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Aug 2010   #20
kegobeer

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by suzannec View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by heaumanepunk View Post
I don't know how to find this stuff, though:

We have the following entries that are important.
a) Obtain an IP address automatically
b) IP Address
c) Subnet mask
d) Default gateway
e) Obtain DNS server address automatically
f) “Use the following DNS server addresses”
g) Preferred DNS server
Before you go any further, ask your campus IT department for some help. That's what they are there for.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Major connection problems on laptop at college




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: Major connection problems on laptop at college
Thread Forum
Laptop for College Hardware & Devices
Good Laptop for College student? Chillout Room
When to buy a laptop for College in 2012-13? Chillout Room
Xbox 360 to laptop connection problems Network & Sharing
Solved Laptop connection problems - please help Network & Sharing
I want to take I.T. as my major in college (question) Chillout Room
Wireless Connection Problems on Dell Laptop Network & Sharing

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:24 PM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App