Hey guys, I'm experiencing a frustrating issue with my wireless connection on my Windows 7 laptop and was hoping for some troubleshooting tips.
First off, here are the relevant specs:
- HP Pavilion dv9000 laptop computer (Windows 7 Ultimate)
- Intel Wireless WiFi Link 4965AGN (Network adapter)
- Speedstream 6520 (Wireless DSL router)
Recently, I've been experiencing a problem where my wireless Internet connection randomly goes from "Internet access" status to "No Internet access" status. Sometimes it also goes to "Limited access". The (!) yellow exclamation point shows up on the wireless icon in the right-hand taskbar corner.
I can fix this temporarily by turning the wireless switch off and back on again (I have a physical switch on my laptop), which brings back the Internet access. But after about 15 minutes give or take, the connection fails again. It is an extremely frustrating occurrence that now happens every 15 minutes without fail.
Things that might be causing this:
- Recently changed my SSID
- Recently disabled SSID broadcast to prevent neighbors from seeking out my connection
Things I've done to try fixing the problem that have not worked:
- Changing SSID again
- Enabling SSID broadcast
- Changing the router's channel (I've tried channels 11, 10, 6, 2)
- Checking the power setting on my network adapter to make sure it wasn't shutting off on low power
Any help? Thanks a lot in advance, guys. By the way, I also have an Ethernet-linked desktop on the same router, and this problem is not occurring on it.