Hi all, this is a real PITA 4me so forgive me 4 the ingnorance, I did a fresh install of Windows 7 64 and set the network to "home" and set the preferances. I continued the hardware/software updates and to my surprise I was now on a "public" profile. I want the "home" profile due to streaming media.
This is the exact problem i am having.
- I have a LAN connection that works im using it right now to write this post
- My current profile is set to public
- i need to change my current profile to home/work
- I go into network and sharing center
- Under "View Your Active Networks" i see "You are not currently connected to any networks."
- I select "Connect to a network"
- This pops up a small window in the bottom right of the screen that should have a list of connections and tells me check the network and sharing.
- Instead i get "Not Connected - No Connections are available."
Also i checkedrestarted my network in Windows Explorer and i can see all the computers connected to my router/cable modem including a XP box, and the mapped drives stay connected but I still get the message "This computer is not connected to a network. Click to connect..." This also brings up the small window in the bottom right that says "Not Connected - No Connections are available."
I dont know what is wrong but I have removed my Anti Virus software and restarted the router and did another fresh install to no avail. I wrote down the exact order in which I installed the drivers
/programs along with leaving the UAC set to hi so I could catch it. Nope. I installed Nero and restarted and whala, on a public network after 20 mins of being on home.