The first method wasn't even an option. Just wasn't shown or listed.
The second method failed to work because when I rebooted, Windows reinstalled it with/without the driver installed (I tried several times). Made no sense because even when I deleted both, it failed to install the first one but installed the second one again! I know it is just an ID and means nothing but as a 'psychological factor' only (as one chap said in a related thread), I didn't want to be psychologically challenged by the issue!
The solution was as I suspected..a restore to an earlier time. This was the fix and just glad it cleanly handled the matter.