This problem just NEVER seems to go away.
Simple network 2 Windows 7 machines and one XP machine
Windows 7 Machines see each other AND the XP machine
XP machine only sees ONE of the Windows 7 machines
Why does this simple (or it should be) stuff NEVER seem to work properly.
Same username /password/workgroup for ALL 3 machines
Firewalls OFF for testing as well as AV software -- I've found with Networking just switch everything off to avoid extra complications.
I've GOT to have this XP machine -- the SAP system on it (SAP is a large ERP / CRM corporate DB and application system - and more) doesn't even run on VISTA yet so it's got to be acessible for a while yet.