Hi - I have two computers with Windows 7 Home Premium, one 32 and one 64 bit. I had to reinstall windows on the 32 bit computer, and since then the computers can't see each other on the homegroup.
I left the homegroup on both computers, and have gone through every troubleshooting step I could find, and I still get this error every time I try to set up the homegroup (neither computer sees that there is one anymore, but neither one can create one).
The error happens when I go to create a homegroup - Windows says there is currently no homegroup on the network. I click Create a homegroup, check the options for what I want to share, and when I click next I get an error that says "Windows cannot set up a homegroup on this computer."
The steps I have taken:
- removed both computers from the homegroup
- run the network and homegroup troubleshooters
- enabled all recommended services (and checked to make sure they were starting)
- verified that IPV6 is enabled, and not disabled in the registry
- deleted the data in the Peer Networking folder in windows\serviceprofiles\localservice\appdata\roaming\
I still keep getting the same error.