|27 Nov 2010||#1|
| || |
Can't connect to the wireless network
I'm having a problem with my wireless network connections. Everything were working fine until this morning when I found out that my internet connections were suddenly disconnected. I tried everything, even to recover the system but still no luck. My wireless adapter (Intel Wifi Link 5300 AGN) can detect the wireless connections but can't connect. When I check the status of the hardware it was working properly.
My system is Alienware M15x with Win 7 Home Premiumx64m
|My System Specs|
|27 Nov 2010||#2|
| || |
hi and welcome to the forums
this is a problem that you will see on the threads quite frequently these are some the steps i take to resolve it
run windows troubleshooter
Reset to Default
Resetting your router or adapter back to factory default will erase any setting changes you have made. This is done because in theory this was the setting the router or adapter used when it was in working order. Reset to default if your wireless router or adapter is not transmitting a signal. This functions like the computer restore command for a computer.
In addition if your system runs Bonjour, or any other 3rd Network manager, remove them or disable them in local services
also try this
netsh winsock reset in the Command Prompt (run Command Prompt as Administrator)
1. Click on Start button.
2. Type Cmd in the Start Search text box.
3. Right click cmd in search results and click run as Administrator
4. Type netsh winsock reset in the Command Prompt shell, and then press the Enter key.
5. Restart the computer.
go to brinks tutorial here this will help reset settings
Wireless Network - Remove
Perform a SFC Scan
1. Click Start, click All Programs, click Accessories, right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as administrator. If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click Allow
2. Type the following command, and then press ENTER:
A message will appear stating that 'The system scan will begin'. Be patient because the scan may take some time
3. If any files require a replace SFC will replace them. You may be asked to insert your Windows 7 DVD for this process to continue
4. If everything is okay you should, after the scan, see the following message "Windows resource protection did not find any integrity violations"
5. After the scan has completed, close the command prompt window, restart the computer and check.
more information here http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833
|My System Specs|
|Similar help and support threads for2: Can't connect to the wireless network|
|Can't connect to wireless network||Network & Sharing|
|Wireless Won't Connect to Network?!||General Discussion|
|Can see wireless network but won't connect||Network & Sharing|
|Can not connect to wireless network||Network & Sharing|
|Can see wireless network but can't connect||Network & Sharing|
|Win 7 Won't Connect To My Wireless Network, Mac OS Does||Network & Sharing|
|Cant connect to wireless network||Network & Sharing|