Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Help My internet wont work

12 Dec 2010   #1
Xnefoo

Windows 7 Home Premium 64Bit
 
 
Help My internet wont work

Can you guys please help me. On my other pc it has a wireless adapter but it says the internet is limited and it says the ipv4 has no connectivity. Can you please help


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
12 Dec 2010   #2
yowanvista

Windows 10 Pro x64
 
 

Try an alternative DNS server
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Dec 2010   #3
Xnefoo

Windows 7 Home Premium 64Bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by yowanvista View Post
Try an alternative DNS server
I dont know any dns servers
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

12 Dec 2010   #4
2xg

Win7 & Win8 64bit
 
 

Hello,

Do you have any Security or Firewall Software installed - Norton, McAfee, Zone Alarm or similar? Disable it for now.

Remove all wireless profiles stored in his computer and re-connect to your wireless network, make sure that you have the correct encryption needed if your wireless is secured. Click on Start=> Control Panel\Network and Internet\Manage Wireless Networks, then click on remove, then try adding it again.

Try connecting if you're able to connect, if not please provide the iponfig /all of your computer.
Click on Start => in search box type cmd press enter. From the black screen, type the word ipconfig /all and press enter. Right click on the black screen or Command prompt then choose Select All and Paste the results here.

Please post your progress.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Dec 2010   #5
Xnefoo

Windows 7 Home Premium 64Bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by 2xg View Post
Hello,

Do you have any Security or Firewall Software installed - Norton, McAfee, Zone Alarm or similar? Disable it for now.

Remove all wireless profiles stored in his computer and re-connect to your wireless network, make sure that you have the correct encryption needed if your wireless is secured. Click on Start=> Control Panel\Network and Internet\Manage Wireless Networks, then click on remove, then try adding it again.

Try connecting if you're able to connect, if not please provide the iponfig /all of your computer.
Click on Start => in search box type cmd press enter. From the black screen, type the word ipconfig /all and press enter. Right click on the black screen or Command prompt then choose Select All and Paste the results here.

Please post your progress.
Ok Here it is:


Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7600]
Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Windows\system32>ipconfig /all

Windows IP Configuration

Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : JackyHaw-PC
Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . :
Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Hybrid
IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No

Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection:

Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected
Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : 802.11n Wireless PCI Express Card LAN Ada
pter
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 70-1A-04-CC-41-F2
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : No
Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected
Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : kiosk.bbycdmz.com
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Intel(R) 82578DC Gigabit Network Connecti
on
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 90-FB-A6-2F-19-33
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes

Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface:

Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected
Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-00-00-00-00-00-00-E0
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : No
Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes

Tunnel adapter isatap.{C4F07F6B-0D49-402F-8EB5-AA7B1FE8B4EA}:

Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected
Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Microsoft ISATAP Adapter
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-00-00-00-00-00-00-E0
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : No
Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes

C:\Windows\system32>
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Dec 2010   #6
2xg

Win7 & Win8 64bit
 
 

Here's an issue here 'Media Disconnected'. Have you tried my first 2 recommendations? Disable your Security software if you have one installed and also removing your wireless profiles then reconnect?
Quote:
Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected
Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : kiosk.bbycdmz.com
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Intel(R) 82578DC Gigabit Network Connecti
on
Have you tried to Power Cycle your Modem and Router? Give them both a 30sec rest then turn them back on again?

Let's also try repairing the TCP/IP and Winsock.
Click on Start=> All Programs => Accessories and right click on Command Prompt, select "Run as Administrator" to open a command prompt.
Reset IPv4 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv4 reset reset.log press enter
Reset IPv6 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv6 reset reset.log press enter
Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults: netsh winsock reset catalog press enter
Restart the computer after.

If the Repair is unsuccessful, try removing your network encryption from the router as a TEST only and see if you're able to connect. They you may try a lower network Security WEP for now, then test your connection again. A LogIn(UserName and Password) to your router is required to do this.

Please post another update.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Dec 2010   #7
Xnefoo

Windows 7 Home Premium 64Bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by 2xg View Post
Here's an issue here 'Media Disconnected'. Have you tried my first 2 recommendations? Disable your Security software if you have one installed and also removing your wireless profiles then reconnect?
Quote:
Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected
Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : kiosk.bbycdmz.com
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Intel(R) 82578DC Gigabit Network Connecti
on
Have you tried to Power Cycle your Modem and Router? Give them both a 30sec rest then turn them back on again?

Let's also try repairing the TCP/IP and Winsock.
Click on Start=> All Programs => Accessories and right click on Command Prompt, select "Run as Administrator" to open a command prompt.
Reset IPv4 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv4 reset reset.log press enter
Reset IPv6 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv6 reset reset.log press enter
Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults: netsh winsock reset catalog press enter
Restart the computer after.

If the Repair is unsuccessful, try removing your network encryption from the router as a TEST only and see if you're able to connect. They you may try a lower network Security WEP for now, then test your connection again. A LogIn(UserName and Password) to your router is required to do this.

Please post another update.
Ok i've tried everything you told me to and it still didnt work.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Dec 2010   #8
Xnefoo

Windows 7 Home Premium 64Bit
 
 

also i get the diagnostic policy is not running when i try diagnose it.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Dec 2010   #9
2xg

Win7 & Win8 64bit
 
 

By any chance, have you tried removing your Network Security as well? Just need to verify that.

Also, I don't recall you mentioning about any Security Software installed in your computer. Is there any installed?

Is your computer a laptop or a desktop? If it's a laptop, have you tried the On/Off wireless Switch, maybe the Fn key+ either an F1 or F2 on your keyboard to turn on your wireless connection?

For TEST PURPOSE only...try connecting to any unsecured network and see if you're able to connect.

Click Start, on search box, and then type devmgmt.msc press enter. From Device Manager, locate the Network Adapters, expand it. Do you see any ! X or ? symbols. You may a sprint screen if you want and post it here.

Please post another update.
sfc/ scannow might also help.
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/1538-sfc-scannow-command-system-file-checker.html
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Help My internet wont work




Thread Tools





Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Trying to Delete Temporary Internet Folder Files Wont work
My computer wont let me delete my Temporary Internet File folder. Reason why I want to delete it is that the file is holding 30gb of data. The folder is in: c://Users/V05/AppData/Local/Microsoft/Windows/Temporary Internet Files I've tried Unlocker and file assassin and it doesnt work. The...
Browsers & Mail
Windows boots up in classic theme, internet wont work
Hi, Since about 3 days now my pc (windows 7 ultimate x64) has stopped working.. It will bootup normally, but when i log in to my account, the theme will be classic, the internet connection has gone walkabout and the computer won't run or open up any programs, like call of duty.. To make matters...
BSOD Help and Support
Admin internet wont work but guest does...
Just last night I was trying to go onto the internet but kept getting the same message "A problem caused the program to stop working correctly." I checked my guest account and its fine (since I am able to post right now). I am not sure what to do -i checked the firewall status, and did a...
Browsers & Mail
internet wont work after ipconfig/release
i posted this on some other forums about 3 days ago and havent had anyone reply yet, so i thought maybe you could help out! thanks hey everyone i have an issue with connection on my main computer and thought you could be some help :-) Yesterday i was looking up how to change an IP address, and...
Network & Sharing
Internet connection wont work
so i installed windows 7 professional last night on my labtop and i tried to reconnect to my modem at home. i put the correct security key because it went through but after 10 seconds it didnt work. i then tried to get onto someone else's internet that wasnt secured and that worked fully. the modem...
Browsers & Mail
Only Windows 7 Internet Wont Work
Yeah, so i have a computer running XP and windows 7 but on windows 7 it wont let me connect to the internet. Something about a problem with the network card, but there's nothing wrong with it since I can use the internet on my other os on the same comp. any ideas? specs: Processor: ...
Network & Sharing

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:28.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App