Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Will not accept RDP incoming


12 Dec 2010   #1

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
 
 
Will not accept RDP incoming

Hello,

I have done everything I can think of to allow incoming RDP sessions, but it is not working.

I have checked the box under system properties/remote (Allow Remote Assistance connection to this computer) and I have check the box under McAfee Firewall/ports and system services for port 3389.

I have also temporarily turned off the firewall....no good.

I know that system I am RDP'ing from works because I can get to a Windows XP machine.

Thanks in advance.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

12 Dec 2010   #2

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by mlvogt57 View Post
Hello,

I have done everything I can think of to allow incoming RDP sessions, but it is not working.

I have checked the box under system properties/remote (Allow Remote Assistance connection to this computer) and I have check the box under McAfee Firewall/ports and system services for port 3389.

I have also temporarily turned off the firewall....no good.

I know that system I am RDP'ing from works because I can get to a Windows XP machine.

Thanks in advance.

What version of win 7 are you using (starter,home,pro,ultimate)??


ken J
My System SpecsSystem Spec
13 Dec 2010   #3

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
 
 

Windows 7 home premium
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


13 Dec 2010   #4

Windows 7 Enterprise (x64); Windows Server 2008 R2 (x64)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by mlvogt57 View Post
Windows 7 home premium
Sorry but Home Premium does not support incoming RDP.

See link (Scroll down to Remote Desktop Connection):

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/w...mpare?T1=tab15

Which one is right for you? - Microsoft Windows (Main Page)
My System SpecsSystem Spec
13 Dec 2010   #5

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
 
 

From whatg I read it is Windows XP Home that does not support it. I thought all versions of Windows 7 did. I will double check that. The settings are there, the RDP app is there I can control another machine from the Windows 7 machine.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
13 Dec 2010   #6

Windows 7 Enterprise (x64); Windows Server 2008 R2 (x64)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by mlvogt57 View Post
From whatg I read it is Windows XP Home that does not support it. I thought all versions of Windows 7 did. I will double check that. The settings are there, the RDP app is there I can control another machine from the Windows 7 machine.
From the link I provided:


Attached Thumbnails
Will not accept RDP incoming-homenordp.jpg  
My System SpecsSystem Spec
13 Dec 2010   #7

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
 
 

Hi, Thanks, they make a patch I can apply, fix I did and it works fine now....thanks for the direction. Everything is working now.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
13 Dec 2010   #8

Windows 7 Enterprise (x64); Windows Server 2008 R2 (x64)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by mlvogt57 View Post
Hi, Thanks, they make a patch I can apply, fix I did and it works fine now....thanks for the direction. Everything is working now.
Glad you have it worked out. -WS
My System SpecsSystem Spec
13 Dec 2010   #9

Windows 7 Ult, Windows 8.1 Pro,
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by mlvogt57 View Post
Hi, Thanks, they make a patch I can apply, fix I did and it works fine now....thanks for the direction. Everything is working now.
How about posting the link to the patch for this because it may help others with this same limitation.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Will not accept RDP incoming




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: Will not accept RDP incoming
Thread Forum
VPN not accepting incoming connections. Network & Sharing
This is my new system Incoming this month.. How is this RIG? Hardware & Devices
Unreliable Incoming VPN Network & Sharing
Help with VPN access no incoming mail Network & Sharing
incoming VPN and default gateway Network & Sharing
how make vpn incoming connection in seven? Network & Sharing

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:08 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33