Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: unindentified network - no default gateway

22 Dec 2010   #11
joeykhor

Window 7 Ultiamte 32bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by 2xg View Post
Try to uninstall/reinstall your network adapter from Device Manager.

Any Security/Firwall Software installed in your computer?

Let's try repairing the TCP/IP and Winsock. If this doesn't work for you then it might be worth replacing your network adapter.
Click on Start=> All Programs => Accessories and right click on Command Prompt, select "Run as Administrator" to open a command prompt.
Reset IPv4 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv4 reset reset.log press enter
Reset IPv6 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv6 reset reset.log press enter
Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults: netsh winsock reset catalog press enter

Restart the computer after.
Please let us know.

my firewall is disabled, and my anti virus is expired.. i tried using those commands and it worked the first time, but it doesnt work anymore the next day.. someone help ?


My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 Dec 2010   #12
chev65

Windows 7 Ult, Windows 8.1 Pro,
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by joeykhor View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by 2xg View Post
Try to uninstall/reinstall your network adapter from Device Manager.

Any Security/Firwall Software installed in your computer?

Let's try repairing the TCP/IP and Winsock. If this doesn't work for you then it might be worth replacing your network adapter.
Click on Start=> All Programs => Accessories and right click on Command Prompt, select "Run as Administrator" to open a command prompt.
Reset IPv4 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv4 reset reset.log press enter
Reset IPv6 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv6 reset reset.log press enter
Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults: netsh winsock reset catalog press enter

Restart the computer after.
Please let us know.

my firewall is disabled, and my anti virus is expired.. i tried using those commands and it worked the first time, but it doesnt work anymore the next day.. someone help ?
If your A/V is expired you will definately want to uninstall it completely and try again. You can use the batch file below after that.

Try running this batch file which will reset winsock, reset the TCP/IP stack and release renew your IP.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 Dec 2010   #13
joeykhor

Window 7 Ultiamte 32bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by chev65 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by joeykhor View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by 2xg View Post
Try to uninstall/reinstall your network adapter from Device Manager.

Any Security/Firwall Software installed in your computer?

Let's try repairing the TCP/IP and Winsock. If this doesn't work for you then it might be worth replacing your network adapter.
Click on Start=> All Programs => Accessories and right click on Command Prompt, select "Run as Administrator" to open a command prompt.
Reset IPv4 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv4 reset reset.log press enter
Reset IPv6 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv6 reset reset.log press enter
Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults: netsh winsock reset catalog press enter

Restart the computer after.
Please let us know.

my firewall is disabled, and my anti virus is expired.. i tried using those commands and it worked the first time, but it doesnt work anymore the next day.. someone help ?
If your A/V is expired you will definately want to uninstall it completely and try again. You can use the batch file below after that.

Try running this batch file which will reset winsock, reset the TCP/IP stack and release renew your IP.



can i please ask what is A/V ? I have tried uninstalling the driver and rebooted, so window update can download a new one, but it doesnt help.. ok i will try using the batch file
My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 Dec 2010   #14
chev65

Windows 7 Ult, Windows 8.1 Pro,
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by joeykhor View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by chev65 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by joeykhor View Post


my firewall is disabled, and my anti virus is expired.. i tried using those commands and it worked the first time, but it doesnt work anymore the next day.. someone help ?
If your A/V is expired you will definately want to uninstall it completely and try again. You can use the batch file below after that.

Try running this batch file which will reset winsock, reset the TCP/IP stack and release renew your IP.


can i please ask what is A/V ? I have tried uninstalling the driver and rebooted, so window update can download a new one, but it doesnt help.. ok i will try using the batch file
A/V= anti virus software, meaning the expired version on your machine could be causing problems.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 Dec 2010   #15
CLassicD

7 ultimate x64
 
 

Hi

I would set your IP address etc to static, look at the settings on your other machines and set yours accordingly.

Use the same default gateway, subnet mask, DNS etc

I'm guessing here but if your addressing is set up by default the other machines will have IP address like 192.168.0.x

Change the last number to a random number like 101.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Dec 2010   #16
2xg
Microsoft MVP

Win7 & Win8 64bit
 
 

Quote:
my firewall is disabled, and my anti virus is expired..
Your expired Anti-Virus software need to be removed completely.
I use Revo Uninstaller to remove programs and all the remnants. If have a Norton, it's best to use their Removal Tool.

Please post another update.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Dec 2010   #17
joeykhor

Window 7 Ultiamte 32bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by 2xg View Post
Quote:
my firewall is disabled, and my anti virus is expired..
Your expired Anti-Virus software need to be removed completely.
I use Revo Uninstaller to remove programs and all the remnants. If have a Norton, it's best to use their Removal Tool.

Please post another update.
I reformatted my whole pc and the anti virus program is gone now, but the problem remains. and i think static ip could work.. but can anyone tell me how to do that ? xP
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Dec 2010   #18
CLassicD

7 ultimate x64
 
 

Goto to your network adapter.

windows key + r together.

type ncpa.plc

select the properties of your network adapter and set the following IP address

IP address = 192.168.0.x (number between 2 and 254)
subnet mask should be set automatically
Default gateway/DNS will be the IP of you router

To determine this try typing 192.168.0.1 into your browser to see if you can connect.

-static.png


My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Dec 2010   #19
joeykhor

Window 7 Ultiamte 32bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by CLassicD View Post
Goto to your network adapter.

windows key + r together.

type ncpa.plc

select the properties of your network adapter and set the following IP address

IP address = 192.168.0.x (number between 2 and 254)
subnet mask should be set automatically
Default gateway/DNS will be the IP of you router

To determine this try typing 192.168.0.1 into your browser to see if you can connect.

Attachment 126164
i tried this but it didnt work either

EDIT: after i set the static ip and i use opendns's dns server, the network is indentified, but i am still not getting any internet connection
My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 Dec 2010   #20
joeykhor

Window 7 Ultiamte 32bit
 
 

bump¬ i really need help please any solution ?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 unindentified network - no default gateway




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: unindentified network - no default gateway
Thread Forum
Default Gateway Not Available(windows network Diagnostic) Network & Sharing
Unidentified Network - DNS/default gateway problems from diagnostics Network & Sharing
Default gateway not available, network connected BOTH wifi and LAN Network & Sharing
Unindentified Network / cant acces my internet Network & Sharing

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:01 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App