|01 Jan 2011||#1|
| || |
Cannot access 7 box from xp but can 7 TO xp
1. Windows 7 build 7600
2. active network set to "work network"
3. both machines are set to operate from workgroup "Mshome44"
4. firewalls off on both machines
5. If I turn on "password protected sharing" Windows 7 won't let me connect from xp box, if I turn it off I can connect but when I click on any shared folders on win 7 box I get the below error message.
6. both machines have unique names
7. xp machine is xp pro sp3 fully updated
8. 7 box can assess xp box but not the other way around.
9. I set access to my test folder on 7 box "everyone" full rw privileges.
9. going wirelesly through dlink router but doubt a hard wire connection would solve the problem.
sharing options are as follows:
1. turn on network discovery
2. turn on file and printer sharing
3. Turn on sharing so anyone with network access can read and write files in public folders
4. enable file sharing for devices that use 40- or 56-bit encryption
5. turn off password protected sharing
6. use user accounts and passwords to connect to other computers
"//rgc-amd4-pc/testnet is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network resource. Contact the adminstrator of this server to find out if you have access permissions.
access is denied."
|My System Specs|
|Similar help and support threads for2: Cannot access 7 box from xp but can 7 TO xp|
|Custom screensaver file read access right, network access||Themes and Styles|
|Dial Up ICS Error:Access Type No Internet Access With Yellow Triangle||Network & Sharing|
|Unable to access internet with No network access error||Network & Sharing|
|Can you access a Cable moden via Wireless Access Point||Network & Sharing|
|Limited access signal shows up on wireless internet access connection?||Network & Sharing|
|Any problems using Access 2007 database with Access 2010?||Microsoft Office|
|Download Windows Access Panel For Easy Access To Window||Software|
|Our Sites ||Site Links ||About Us ||Find Us |
© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:50 AM.