Quote: Originally Posted by brianzion
if you post how you fixed it other users who read this forum may benefit
Alright I'm sorry I got too excited and totally forgot about it. I'm still not very sure exactly what was the cause but the steps below are what i took to solve the problem.
1) I unplug the ethernet cable from my laptop connected to my modem and also unplugged the telephone line connected to the modem that is required to obtain internet connection.
2) From friend's advice I pressed the "Reset" button on my modem while it is not connected to my laptop and the telephone line, so there is normally only 2 lights blinking for wireless modem like mine, the "power" and "WLAN" light. I left it alone for 10 minutes.
3) I ran a complete virus scan to remove harmful virus or malwares that might affect your computer from performing smoothly (includes possibility of blocking your computer from accessing the internet), degragment the registry, clean the registry, turn off unnecessary programs that start at startup i.e. msn, skype and set them not to start at startup. I also checked my hard drives for errors.
4) After all that I shut down my computer for 5minutes and booted it (friend's advice). I close all programs that require internet connection, i.e automatic updates.
5) Uninstall network adapter driver
and install latest version from my computer manufacturer's website.
6) Restarted my computer, this time I connected everything together, i.e. Ethernet cable connected to laptop from modem and telephone line connected to modem.
7) I then went to my routers page which is 192.168.1.1 and I manually set up the details required. I got them from my internet service provider which is streamyx, such as ID, password required to login, protocol type, for my case is PPPoE, connection type, for my case is LLC.
8) Then, from friend's advice too, I manually entered preferred and alternate DNS server address. (Which according to my friend is critical.) You can do so by going to Start> Control Panel (at the top right page choose "View By : Category"> Network and Internet> Network and Sharing Center> and click on the connections you are using i.e. Wireless Network Connection (YOUR SSID NAME)> Properties> HIGHLIGHT "Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP /IPv4)> Properties> check on "Use the following DNS server addresses"> enter your preferred and alternate DNS server provided by your Internet Service Provider.
9) Reboot your computer and your modem for the changes to take effect, it might take some time for everything to take effect which in my case took around 4~6 minutes before I had everything up and running.
10) When you have your first sign that you have internet connection i.e. able to connect to msn, (friend's advice too), don't stress your connection out by immediately opening many pages, downloading many things and going on youtube or anything that eats your connection speed, let everything start slowly to maintain stability of connection.
That's how I got mine to work, and I'm sorry if some of the things I type in here are irrelevant to you all. I barely had any connection for the past few days so I tried everything out and from most of the solutions I've found on the internet are the same and doesn't work for me. My advice "Never give up on anything and try everything even all the little things, maybe they are insignificant but you never know when miracles will happen."
Hope this helps =)