Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: log in & out problem


30 Jun 2009   #1

Windows 7 Pro 64 bit
 
 
log in & out problem

I don't know if this is anything to do with windows 7.... But since I have installed Build 7260 everytime I log off a site after putting my user id and password in and click the "remember me" box ( like this one ) .
When I go back there I have to log in again this never happened prior to Build 7260 so I am assuming that it is to do with Win 7.
I have checked all my settings and they seem ok does anyone have any ideas or thoughts on what might be causing this.

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

30 Jun 2009   #2

XP PRO
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by conoflex View Post
I don't know if this is anything to do with windows 7.... But since I have installed Build 7260 everytime I log off a site after putting my user id and password in and click the "remember me" box ( like this one ) .
When I go back there I have to log in again this never happened prior to Build 7260 so I am assuming that it is to do with Win 7.
I have checked all my settings and they seem ok does anyone have any ideas or thoughts on what might be causing this.

Your correct.
It does have something to do with Windows 7. Its probably some kind of bug, and you really can't blame Microsoft since they said that its only a beta version.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Jul 2009   #3

Windows 7 Pro 64 bit
 
 

Ok thanks, I thought that might be the case.
It's more irritating than a problem
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


01 Jul 2009   #4

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 
forgeting

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by conoflex View Post
I don't know if this is anything to do with windows 7.... But since I have installed Build 7260 everytime I log off a site after putting my user id and password in and click the "remember me" box ( like this one ) .
When I go back there I have to log in again this never happened prior to Build 7260 so I am assuming that it is to do with Win 7.
I have checked all my settings and they seem ok does anyone have any ideas or thoughts on what might be causing this.

Hi and welcome to SF
Could you tell us what browser and version are you using?

thanks

Ken
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Jul 2009   #5

Windows 7 Pro 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by zigzag3143 View Post
Hi and welcome to SF
Could you tell us what browser and version are you using?

thanks

Ken
Hi Ken, thanks.
on aol version 9.0 VR and ie 8 also firefox 3.0 but aol and ie 8 mainly

Andy
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Jul 2009   #6

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 
log in prob

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by conoflex View Post
Hi Ken, thanks.
on aol version 9.0 VR and ie 8 also firefox 3.0 but aol and ie 8 mainly

Andy
Ok so you are entering your uid and pword into Firefox? BTW there is a newer (and faster) version of firefox out. Its 3.5

Ken
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Jul 2009   #7

Windows 7 Pro 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by zigzag3143 View Post
Ok so you are entering your uid and pword into Firefox? BTW there is a newer (and faster) version of firefox out. Its 3.5

Ken
Just updated Firefox and no i'm not entering id or pword into Firefox don't know how to
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Jul 2009   #8

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by conoflex View Post
Just updated Firefox and no i'm not entering id or pword into Firefox don't know how to
Ok if your browsing to a site in firefox it says do you want me to remember this password? Click yes and it does.

Where are you entering the uid and pword that is forgetting?

K
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Jul 2009   #9

Windows 7 Pro 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by zigzag3143 View Post
Ok if your browsing to a site in firefox it says do you want me to remember this password? Click yes and it does.

Where are you entering the uid and pword that is forgetting?

K
Yes I do that missunderstood,,,
most forums I visit including this one
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 log in & out problem




Thread Tools




Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:24 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33