I have a Windows Server 2008 R2 server that is bound to an Active Directory domain. I have added about 80 printers to the server with the ports and drivers
configured including both 32-bit and 64-bit drivers. The only role installed on the server is the Print and Document Services role. The printers have been shared and published into the directory.
We tried to add the printer to the client domain attached machine by following this process:
- Open control panel and selecting devices and printers (Windows 7 Pro)
- Select add a printer
- Choosing add a network, wireless, or Bluetooth printer
- The machine searches for printers, I select the printer that I want isn't listed
- Make sure the dot is beside find a printer in the directory, based on location or feature, next
- Choose the printer desired, and it attempts to install it
This is where we are presented with an error that states the following:
"Connect to the printer. Windows cannot connect to the printer. Operation failed with error 0x00000569."
I have tried searching all over and reading many forums without success in resolving this issue. If the user on the local machine has domain admin privileges it will install just fine. If the user is not a domain admin, then they get the error presented above.
I have checked the properties of the printers on the server and the security permissions are set such that the everyone group has the print permission and administrators have all permissions to the printer object.
Thanks in advance.