Thanks for the reply.
When I tried to follow your instructions I ran into a new problem. I received the following message:
'One or more ActiveX controls could not be displayed because either:
- Your current security settings prohibit running AxtiveX controls on this page, or
- You have blocked a publisher of one of the controls.
As a result, the page might not display correctly'
I have not set anything to prohibit ActiveX from running or Blocked any publisher, especially since last Wednesday.
However, before I made my first post I did shut down all firewalls (the firewall on each of the computers; the firewall on the ISP provided router/modem and the firewall on the LAN; not that I run all of them at the same time) and still had the same problem.
- The Win 7 box can ping all of the boxes on the LAN and receive a response from each of them.
- None of the other boxes can get a response when pinging the Win 7 box. The ping will eventually time out.
- The Win 7 box cannot connect via Putty to any of the other boxes on the LAN. I immediately get a message; 'Network error: software caused connection abort.'
- Up until last Thursday, everything worked fine; each of the boxes could ping all of the other boxes and receive a response, the Win 7 box could connect to all of the non-Windows boxes via Putty.
I have learned something by accident since I made my first post. If I start pinging the Win 7 box from any of the other boxes and then re-boot the Win 7 box while the ping is still running, but not receiving a response:
- When the Win 7 box is off the pinging box displays several messages that the server cannot be reached.
- When the Win 7 box starts (displays the Windows starting logo) the pinging box receives 4-6 responses. When the log on screen appears on the Win 7 box the ping responses stop.
I hope this info is helpful.