Hi all. A very weird problem just happens to my desktop, I hope anyone could help me to avoid a complete reinstall.
It was working fine, I didn't install or change nothing (mostly is used as MediaCenter). It was working perfectly without any change for months. Then I shutdown one day as always, and when I reboot the next day no network is present.
The PC is an Acer Aspire X3900 desktop with an integrated intel NIC. This is what I have seen:
- In the Windows 7 network configuration panel there isn't any NIC present.
- IPCONFIG shows nothing, no adapter is listed (is not like when you unplug the network cable and the adapter is listed buy without the IPs; now the command shows nothing at all).
- But, and that is the weird thing, in device manager all seems fine. The Intel NIC is listed without any warning mark. Looking the properties, all looks ok.
This is what I had already try:
- I reinstalled the NIC drivers. No changes.
- Reinstalled the chipset drivers. No changes.
- Uninstalled NIC drivers with an Intel utility. Then I rebooted and reinstalled the drivers when windows detected the new hw. No changes.
- Disabled the NIC adapter in device manager, reboot and re-enable. No changes.
- Uninstalled the NIC adapter in device manager. Reboot and re-install the drivers when windows detect the new hw. No changes.
- Disabled the NIC adapter in BIOS. Boot windows, shutdown, re-enable the adapter in BIOS, and reboot. Reinstall the drivers. No change.
- Recover the system from an old recover point, but no change.
I still have not any network adapter present in windows network configuration panel, or listed with IPCONFIG. I think some windows network component must be damaged, but that is beyond my Windows 7 knoledge.
Thanks a lot in advance.