Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.



Windows 7: Internet Access = Can't browse / No Internet Access = Nice Browsing ??

01 Jul 2011   #1

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
 
 
Internet Access = Can't browse / No Internet Access = Nice Browsing ??

When my computer says Internet Access, I am having trouble browsing.
Most pages do not load.
Right now, It says no internet access for over 15 minutes and I am able to brose so much better and still going on downloading around 400 kb/s.
How can this be? Why would it be?

(I am on a wired connection from a cable internet with NetGear CGD24G Cable Modem (I don't think it is a wireless router). There is wireless connection on the modem, but I am on a wired connection, and I am posting this while it still says no internet access).

My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Jul 2011   #2
2xg
Microsoft MVP

Win7 & Win8 64bit
 
 

Hello,

Verify that your browser is not using any Proxy servers. Remove the setting if found.
How to Remove a Proxy Server | eHow.com

Make sure that 'Obtain DNS Server Address Auto' is enabled on both LAN and Wireless settings.
Change TCP/IP settings

An update will be appreciated.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Jul 2011   #3

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
 
 

Firefox and Chrome is using system's proxy settings.
I was thinking to change to no proxy,, but I didn't touch it.
Should I set it to no proxy?
Internet Explorer has no proxy either.

I have been using Comodo's DNS for a long time.
I have used it with Time Warner (Roadrunner) before on different zip codes in the same city, but never had a problem. But, I was connecting with cable modem + my DIR-615 router before. Now, they gave this cable modem CGD24G with wireless and I am having problems.
I don't think Comodo's DNS is the problem, but I will set it to auto to see. I tried setting it to auto or different DNS pairs, but it didn't help with my browsing.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


01 Jul 2011   #4
2xg
Microsoft MVP

Win7 & Win8 64bit
 
 

Please set the 2 browsers to No Proxy for now and also set the DNS to Auto and then test your connection after.
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by IMAyNeed View Post
Firefox and Chrome is using system's proxy settings.
I was thinking to change to no proxy,, but I didn't touch it.
Should I set it to no proxy?
Internet Explorer has no proxy either.

I have been using Comodo's DNS for a long time.
I have used it with Time Warner (Roadrunner) before on different zip codes in the same city, but never had a problem. But, I was connecting with cable modem + my DIR-615 router before. Now, they gave this cable modem CGD24G with wireless and I am having problems.
I don't think Comodo's DNS is the problem, but I will set it to auto to see. I tried setting it to auto or different DNS pairs, but it didn't help with my browsing.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Jul 2011   #5

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
 
 

I did that.
DNS is auto and Firefox is no proxy. Also, the settings in Connections which affects both IE and Chrome is no proxy. (Automatically detect settings at the top is also unselected).

Now it says internet access, but there is no connection (I am on another machine now). I mean there is connection, most messengers and Steam is connected, and Steam is able to download, but not browsers + yahoo messenger + logitech video.

When it was saying no connection, at least there was browsing.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Jul 2011   #6
2xg
Microsoft MVP

Win7 & Win8 64bit
 
 

Let's try something else:

Connect your computer directly to the Cable Modem and do an ipconfig /all, pls post the results.
Also, While you are connected to the Modem are you able to access the Internet?

Pls do another ipconfig /all while your computer is connected to the router.

You will need to post 2 diff output for review.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Jul 2011   #7

Windows 7 Professional 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by IMAyNeed View Post
I did that.
DNS is auto and Firefox is no proxy. Also, the settings in Connections which affects both IE and Chrome is no proxy. (Automatically detect settings at the top is also unselected).

Now it says internet access, but there is no connection (I am on another machine now). I mean there is connection, most messengers and Steam is connected, and Steam is able to download, but not browsers + yahoo messenger + logitech video.

When it was saying no connection, at least there was browsing.
Have you tried using a different DNS server to test if it's just your DNS messing your around? , I'd recommend OPENDNS as an alternative , they're fast, free and reliable.

I use those as my primary DNS server with my own ISP as my 3rd and 4th choice as backup.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Jul 2011   #8

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by linkmaster00 View Post

Have you tried using a different DNS server to test if it's just your DNS messing your around? , I'd recommend OPENDNS as an alternative , they're fast, free and reliable.

I use those as my primary DNS server with my own ISP as my 3rd and 4th choice as backup.
I used 4 different pairs.
One is Comodo, one is suggested in a thread in this forum, one I found from the internet and one is the ISP's.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Jul 2011   #9

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by 2xg View Post
Let's try something else:

Connect your computer directly to the Cable Modem and do an ipconfig /all, pls post the results.
Also, While you are connected to the Modem are you able to access the Internet?

Pls do another ipconfig /all while your computer is connected to the router.

You will need to post 2 diff output for review.
Right now the connection is with the Netgear CGD24G Cable Modem Gateway.
It is not Cable Modem + Router.
The Coaxial cable directly goes into CGD24G and it is routed from there.
But I still have the D-Link DIR-615 Wireless Router which doesn't have a coaxial cable input, I need a cable modem for that.
I tried to add the DIR-615 to the CGD24G, but WAN and LAN subnet mask was conflicting, and I couldn't solve it with my knowledge.
Shortly, I am not connected by cable modem + router, I am connected by with a cable modem (Netgear CGD24G) with wireless with (probably just basic or none) routing capabilities.

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601]
Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

ipconfig /all

Windows IP Configuration

Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : Master-G72
Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . :
Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Hybrid
IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No

Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection 2:

Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected
Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 22-25-D3-99-C1-51
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes

Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection:

Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected
Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Bluetooth Device (Personal Area Network)
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-02-72-AB-55-7F
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 90-E6-BA-81-82-DA
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes
Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::a9cc:71ec:343:6c1%11(Preferred)
IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.12(Preferred)
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . . . : Saturday, July 02, 2011 7:42:31 PM
Lease Expires . . . . . . . . . . : Saturday, July 02, 2011 9:12:32 PM
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1
DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1
DHCPv6 IAID . . . . . . . . . . . : 294708922
DHCPv6 Client DUID. . . . . . . . : 00-01-00-01-15-3C-FB-66-90-E6-BA-81-82-DA

DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 209.18.47.61
209.18.47.62
NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Enabled

Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection:

Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected
Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Atheros AR928X Wireless Network Adapter
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-25-D3-99-C1-51
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes

Ethernet adapter Hamachi:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Hamachi Network Interface
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 7A-79-3C-4B-F0-78
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes
IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 5.11.243.225(Preferred)
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.0.0.0
Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . . . : Saturday, July 02, 2011 7:42:30 PM
Lease Expires . . . . . . . . . . : Sunday, July 01, 2012 7:44:37 PM
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 5.0.0.1
DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 5.0.0.1
NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Enabled

Tunnel adapter Reusable Microsoft 6To4 Adapter:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Microsoft 6to4 Adapter #2
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-00-00-00-00-00-00-E0
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : No
Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes
IPv6 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 2002:50b:f3e1::50b:f3e1(Preferred)
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 2002:c058:6301::c058:6301
NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Disabled

Tunnel adapter isatap.{7772402A-2C33-4C6B-8A6D-7D394E820600}:

Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected
Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Microsoft ISATAP Adapter #4
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-00-00-00-00-00-00-E0
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : No
Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes

Tunnel adapter isatap.{002A821F-6327-46C7-B09D-B182E51C7152}:

Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected
Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Microsoft ISATAP Adapter #5
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-00-00-00-00-00-00-E0
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : No
Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes

Tunnel adapter isatap.{0743363B-F98D-4F62-B4D0-0E991E8C7C9E}:

Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected
Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Microsoft ISATAP Adapter
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-00-00-00-00-00-00-E0
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : No
Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes

Tunnel adapter isatap.{0A331D7F-117F-4C19-9B83-C6BED6F324C0}:

Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected
Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Microsoft ISATAP Adapter #6
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-00-00-00-00-00-00-E0
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : No
Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes

Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection* 31:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-00-00-00-00-00-00-E0
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : No
Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes
IPv6 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 2001:0:4137:9e76:20e4:1e26:b355:6ff(Prefe
rred)
Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::20e4:1e26:b355:6ff%56(Preferred)
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . :
NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Disabled

Tunnel adapter isatap.{5F7C5173-B915-4539-8648-F35D16E7A382}:

Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected
Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Microsoft ISATAP Adapter #2
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-00-00-00-00-00-00-E0
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : No
Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Jul 2011   #10
2xg
Microsoft MVP

Win7 & Win8 64bit
 
 

Thanks for the latest info provided. The Netgear CGD24G is a Cable Modem Gateway. The ipconfig /all output is showing a good connection. Have you contacted Time Warner regarding your issue?
Quote:
I was connecting with cable modem + my DIR-615 router before. Now, they gave this cable modem CGD24G with wireless and I am having problems.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Internet Access = Can't browse / No Internet Access = Nice Browsing ??





Thread Tools




Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:26 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33