Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Increasing network I/O?

07 Jul 2011   #1
sfxworks

Windows 7 Iltimate x64
 
 
Increasing network I/O?

Example. Im downloading something off the internet at an unregulated speed by the server. Increasing and increasing and increasing (as I see it in task manager) then, all of the sudden, it cuts itself off and stabilizes? Like, it limits itself to ~1.5mbps download. I want to not only increase this, but my upload speed (which is 100kbs...)

Is it a configuration issue?


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
07 Jul 2011   #2
mjm6783

XP Professional, 7 Professional
 
 

I'm not an expert, but it's my understanding that network I/O performance is based on the speed of the connection, how many operations are taking place, and potentially the specifications of your local machine, (if it's significantly older or slower than the server.)

You may want to include some information about your hardware specifications, so the gurus here can provide more accurate assistance.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
07 Jul 2011   #3
sfxworks

Windows 7 Iltimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by mjm6783 View Post
I'm not an expert, but it's my understanding that network I/O performance is based on the speed of the connection, how many operations are taking place, and potentially the specifications of your local machine, (if it's significantly older or slower than the server.)

You may want to include some information about your hardware specifications, so the gurus here can provide more accurate assistance.
Windows 7 Professional x64
Intel(R) Core(TM) 2 Duo CPU E7500 2.93GHz 2.93GHz
4Gigs of RAM
Network Driver: Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

07 Jul 2011   #4
sfxworks

Windows 7 Iltimate x64
 
 

...Do I need more information?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
07 Jul 2011   #5
pparks1

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by sfxworks View Post
Example. Im downloading something off the internet at an unregulated speed by the server. Increasing and increasing and increasing (as I see it in task manager) then, all of the sudden, it cuts itself off and stabilizes? Like, it limits itself to ~1.5mbps download. I want to not only increase this, but my upload speed (which is 100kbs...)

Is it a configuration issue?
Sounds like your ISP is limiting you. Some ISP's, like Comcast have speed boost type technology that gives you super fast downloads, but only for a short period of time and then they throttle back.

Who is your Internet provider?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
07 Jul 2011   #6
sfxworks

Windows 7 Iltimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by pparks1 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by sfxworks View Post
Example. Im downloading something off the internet at an unregulated speed by the server. Increasing and increasing and increasing (as I see it in task manager) then, all of the sudden, it cuts itself off and stabilizes? Like, it limits itself to ~1.5mbps download. I want to not only increase this, but my upload speed (which is 100kbs...)

Is it a configuration issue?
Sounds like your ISP is limiting you. Some ISP's, like Comcast have speed boost type technology that gives you super fast downloads, but only for a short period of time and then they throttle back.

Who is your Internet provider?
Using Road Runner Turbo? :/ to think they would limit my upload speed by that much
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Increasing network I/O?




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Random BSOD at increasing intervals, seems network related.
I've been getting these BSODs for the past 3 months or so, and they're becoming more frequent. Used to be once every few weeks, now it's every few days. I've tried to troubleshoot it as much as possible on my own, without much luck. Almost all the BSODs seem to point at l1c60x64.sys, which is...
BSOD Help and Support
Network Load Balancing - NOT increasing speed
I know there are heaps of topics out there, but they all seem to saying things which I dont understand and dont apply to me. All I need to do is to enable certain applications use connection 1 and the rest use connection 2. How do i do that? Anywhere I can get more help or a tutorial or...
Network & Sharing
Increasing BSODs
I just recently set up my new PC yesterday. After installing the initial drivers I started installing other programs I use (Spybot, Adaware, Steam, Winamp, iTunes) and things were fine but when I set up my external hard drive (Simpletech 500GB) it BSOD. I rebooted without it and it ran fine. I...
BSOD Help and Support
Increasing BSOD and more.
Hi everyone! I've got a computer some time ago, and was very surprised the first time it rebooted once desktop was opened. Later I learn something about the BSOD, and since then they've been increasing. At first, it was once a week, or even less often, but know it happened yesterday, and again...
BSOD Help and Support
FPS increasing
Hello everybody, I searched a lot of threads, but didn't find the answer. When I'm alone my fps is 100, bet when are few enemies in front of me, my fps is 50 :huh: Could you tell me about some usefull tips to fix this problem :/ My Computer Parametrs: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor...
Gaming
Increasing VRAM?
I currently have the Geforce 8600 GT 256mb <<(i think that's the VRAM not sure tho) i can't run crysis on medium without lag.... my friend has a GeForce 8600 GT 1GB and can run crysis on High without any lag, and yes i have been to his house and personally played on his computer it is true!...
Gaming


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:27.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App