Can anyone please help.
I have 3 computers all running 64bit Windows Home premium all have 802.11n cards. 2 have no problem connecting to the wireless network the 3rd can see the network but won't connect or has the dreaded yellow exclamation mark with limited connectivity.
This seems to be a windows issue but not sure. When I look at the wireless profile in windows it says the security is WEP but the router is set up as WPA-2. I have tried changing the setting in Windows to WPA-2 but that then generates another error in the network discovery window saying the settings are not correct or something to that effect.
1) I have reinstalled the driver
2) I have removed the security altogether didn't work.
3) reset the router didn't work (Although as stated earlier the other 2 computers connect with no problems)
4) Deleted wireless profile and started again didn't work.
The following worked untill I restarted the computer but would not after that even if I applied the same steps.
1) Assigned a static IP - This worked but once I restarted the computer it would no longer connect. Tired different IP address from 192.168.1-149. No joy
2)Copied the network profile from both the other machines same result as #1.