Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: 2 networks


28 Jul 2009   #11

Windows 7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by TheVinesKid View Post
Jackal, right-click the network icon on the system tray, and choose "Open Network and Sharing Center"
Then on the right, choose "Change Adapter Settings"
If the are any that shouldn't be there, disable, or delete them.
You said you don't have wireless, so you shouldn't see an adapter for that. You should only have 1 Local Area Connection.
Then you might have bluetooth, I'm not sure if you do.
If you're unsure of what to delete, post a screen shot and we'll help you
Thanks for reply friend. I'm already seem the adapters, has only one from local network with my router. I don't use bluetooth too. When I arrive in home, I'll post screen!

Thanks a lot.

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

28 Jul 2009   #12

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 7600 RTM
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
Thanks for reply friend. I'm already seem the adapters, has only one from local network with my router. I don't use bluetooth too. When I arrive in home, I'll post screen!

Thanks a lot.
No problem, we're here to help.
We await your screen shot

And just a side question...you don't happen to use AOL, do you?
I've seen from working on computers in the past (with Vista), that AOL creates a virtual network of sorts, and would show up in the network list.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Jul 2009   #13

Windows 7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by TheVinesKid View Post
No problem, we're here to help.
We await your screen shot

And just a side question...you don't happen to use AOL, do you?
I've seen from working on computers in the past (with Vista), that AOL creates a virtual network of sorts, and would show up in the network list.
No, I don't use AOL...I'm from Brazil and using a local Internet provider (for online Games, this provider sucks). AOL closed his office here...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


29 Jul 2009   #14

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 7600 RTM
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
No, I don't use AOL...I'm from Brazil and using a local Internet provider (for online Games, this provider sucks). AOL closed his office here...
Ok, just checking.
We're gonna need that screen shot that I asked for.
Also any more information about the "unknown" network would be good, like are there other computers in the house that auto connect to "unknown"? Did this happen when (if) your computer was running a different version of Windows?
And, from the network screen, you should be able to see what type of network it is, like wired, wireless, VPN, etc.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Jul 2009   #15

Windows 7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by TheVinesKid View Post
Ok, just checking.
We're gonna need that screen shot that I asked for.
Also any more information about the "unknown" network would be good, like are there other computers in the house that auto connect to "unknown"? Did this happen when (if) your computer was running a different version of Windows?
And, from the network screen, you should be able to see what type of network it is, like wired, wireless, VPN, etc.
I have an Wireless Netgear router and I have connected:
1-PC (Wired)
2-Playstation 3 (Wired)
3-Notebook (Wireless)

In most times, I don't use any of this machines at the same time. This problem appers even when PS3 and Notebook are off. In Windows Vista I had this same problem(only sometimes, not always like Windows 7), but on WIndows XP not. I don't use VPN on Windows 7.
The only correct to this on Vista and Windows7 that I got is disabling network adapter and re-enabling again.
After my job I will post screenshot of this. Yesterday I can do 'cause I had problem on job and worked until late. Thanks again!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Jul 2009   #16

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
I have an Wireless Netgear router and I have connected:
1-PC (Wired)
2-Playstation 3 (Wired)
3-Notebook (Wireless)

In most times, I don't use any of this machines at the same time. This problem appers even when PS3 and Notebook are off. In Windows Vista I had this same problem, but on WIndows XP not. I don't use VPN on Windows 7.

After my job I will post screenshot of this. Yesterday I can do 'cause I had problem on job and worked until late. Thanks again!
because it only happens in wifi when the other machines are off. I will bet you that it is a router problem (like dns, or config)

Ken
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Jul 2009   #17

Windows 7
 
 

Happens only in wifi when other machines are off? My PC uses wired network. Maybe can be my router, I'm only set DHCP and Wireless securty when I bought it...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Jul 2009   #18

Windows 7
 
 

Here is the screen shots. Sorry, but my WIndows 7 is using a language pack in pt.


The first 2 images show 2 networks (in red).



Next 2 images show 1 network (in red) when a disable and re-enable adapter.



Last one show adapters page...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Jul 2009   #19

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 7600 RTM
 
 

Those images are too small to make out any details, I can't see enough info.
Please make them bigger and repost
Don't stretch those ones, then it will be too pixlated. Just take new ones. Same screens though

Hit print screen (or Alt+print screen, to capture the currently active window), then open paint and paste the image. Save as a .png for best quality
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Jul 2009   #20

Windows 7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by TheVinesKid View Post
Those images are too small to make out any details, I can't see enough info.
Please make them bigger and repost
Don't stretch those ones, then it will be too pixlated. Just take new ones. Same screens though

Hit print screen (or Alt+print screen, to capture the currently active window), then open paint and paste the image. Save as a .png for best quality
Strange...I just uploaded ALT+Print screen into ImageShack. I was thinking when click on image will open at full size.

So, I will upload images again! Thanks for advise.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 2 networks




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: 2 networks
Thread Forum
Solved No networks appearing - Network & Sharing
How do I remove old Networks? Network & Sharing
Solved How to share across networks Network & Sharing
Changing networks Network & Sharing
More computers and 2 networks. Network & Sharing
No networks Network & Sharing
Too Many Wireless Networks Network & Sharing

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:26 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33