Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.



Windows 7: Internet not connecting on startup

22 Sep 2011   #1

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
 
 
Internet not connecting on startup

I am running Windows 7 and having trouble with the internet not connecting when I start-up my computer.
I get the yellow error symbol on the bottom right on the internrt icon.
I find I have to uninstall the Realteck network driver and then re-install it for the internet to connect. I have to do this each time I have to start my computer.
Are there any fixes for this

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

22 Sep 2011   #2

Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit Steve Ballmer Signature Edition
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by compdunc View Post
I am running Windows 7 and having trouble with the internet not connecting when I start-up my computer.
I get the yellow error symbol on the bottom right on the internrt icon.
I find I have to uninstall the Realteck network driver and then re-install it for the internet to connect. I have to do this each time I have to start my computer.
Are there any fixes for this
Welcome to the forums compdunc, sorry you are having problems.

In order to try and sort this out, I need some more info from you...

Realtek makes many NICs, is your a wireless or wired NIC? If Wired NIC, is this on the Foxconn mobo, or an add on card?

According to your specs you have a ITL-OB2 mobo... but I think you misquoted your mobo, as the foxconn website shows no such model???
My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 Sep 2011   #3

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
 
 

I am wired direct to a Telstra Netgear Modem. The Realtek card is part of the motherboard.
The number I gave for the motherboard (ITL-0B2) is from the driver disk supplied with the computer. I don't have any info on what the actual motherboard number is. Maybe you can tell me how to find it without opening up the computer as it is stillunder warranty
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


22 Sep 2011   #4

Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit Steve Ballmer Signature Edition
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by compdunc View Post
I am running Windows 7 and having trouble with the internet not connecting when I start-up my computer.
I get the yellow error symbol on the bottom right on the internrt icon.
I find I have to uninstall the Realteck network driver and then re-install it for the internet to connect. I have to do this each time I have to start my computer.
Are there any fixes for this
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by compdunc View Post
I am wired direct to a Telstra Netgear Modem. The Realtek card is part of the motherboard.
The number I gave for the motherboard (ITL-0B2) is from the driver disk supplied with the computer. I don't have any info on what the actual motherboard number is. Maybe you can tell me how to find it without opening up the computer as it is stillunder warranty
This is a very well known app that will give you lots of valuable info and it has a small footprint... CPU-Z
CPUID - System & hardware benchmark, monitoring, reporting
My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 Sep 2011   #5

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
 
 

Thanks for your app it is great. My new system info is now updated
My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 Sep 2011   #6

Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit Steve Ballmer Signature Edition
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by compdunc View Post
Thanks for your app it is great. My new system info is now updated
You're very welcome!

Try this: Foxconn - Support - Downloads
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Sep 2011   #7

Win7 Pro 32-bit, Win8 Pro 32-bit
 
 

My Gigabyte motherboard also uses RealTek NIC chip and the software CD that came with it included RealTek network diagnostics app. If you have a driver CD, or have access the the motherboard supplier's website, you should check to see if the Network diagnostics app is available. Before Gigabyte updated their NIC driver, I was have similar problems to yours -- and I was able to use the Network Diagnostic app to reset my NIC and then get connected.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Internet not connecting on startup





Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: Internet not connecting on startup
Thread Forum
Mapped Drive Not Connecting at Startup Network & Sharing
Slow connecting to the internet on startup Network & Sharing
Connecting to the Internet Browsers & Mail
Problem connecting to internet only at startup Network & Sharing
Pc not connecting to internet Network & Sharing
Connecting a Pc to Internet using my own PC Network & Sharing
Need help connecting to the internet... Network & Sharing

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:57 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33