In desperation, all boffins, geeks and wizards at Microsoft – I need help. I have had a home network now for at least 10 years and for the first time, I just cannot get it to work. That is since I upgraded to supa dupa Win 7 Prof. I have three machines in the network, two laptops and one desktop. Printers, backup drives etc all attached to the desktop. Desktop and one laptop running Win 7 Prof. One laptop running Xp.
In a nutshell, I have tried everything on this website and others and nothing works. I am no idiot around this stuff and I am simply dumb founded. I have set up and recreated Homegroup, changed settings, disabled my Eset firewall as well as win firewall. You name it I have tried it – to no avail. After doing some research it appears many, many people have a similar problems. Machine can see each other, but come hell or high water, cannot access. I am soooo disappointed with this. Please tell me there is something different that I can try. At this point, all my hardware is locked out since upgrading to Win 7.