I have a mapped network drive configured. (coming from my CentOS 6 server)
The problem is, I lose my connection to this server after a while. (+- 30 minutes)
This is what I'm doing and have done when the server suddenly disconnects:
1. Start my CentOS server (Connected with cable)
2. Start my Windows 7 computer (Laptop - wireless connected to the router)
3. I open Putty and login to the server
4. I open the network drive to see the webprojects that are in the samba share.
5. I run Netbeans to start working on my projects. (Projects are loaded perfectly)
6. My browser is open (Chrome) to see my webprojects.
So when the connection is lost, the only thing I have to do, is go to the server and press any button on the keyboard and the connection will be back on my Windows 7 laptop. Note that the connection to the server is lost for any other device in the network. (I tried to ssh with my phone and that doesn't work anymore)
I don't think the server is going into sleep mode because I did this test. I turned on the server, I left my house, I came back about 6 hours later and tried to connect with ssh to the server and it immediately worked.
So I don't know what to do.
I've read this article: Mapped Drive Connection to Network Share May Be Lost
and tried the command line method but it didn't work. I now clicked the "fix it" button on that page. Hope that will do the trick.
Are there some other people here who are having the same problem or had the same problem and have a solution for this please?