Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Internet connected but not working

05 Nov 2011   #1
Michelle123

Windows 7 Home Premium 32bit
 
 
Internet connected but not working

Hi, I have my internet connected long storty short, I reset my router last night, it reset to default settings I got the new password, I'm connected on my Windows Vista computer laptop my desktop computer, all working fine, but on my Windows 7 laptop its connected I can go to google, and windows live email and that'll work but I can't access any other websites I went to check the status of it and under IPV4 Connectivity it has Internet under IPV6 Connectivity it says No Network Access I'm not sure that has anything to do with it, but I need some help. Thanks!


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
05 Nov 2011   #2
Michelle123

Windows 7 Home Premium 32bit
 
 

Anyone have any suggestions?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Nov 2011   #3
molossus

Windows 7 Professional
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Michelle123 View Post
Hi, I have my internet connected long storty short, I reset my router last night, it reset to default settings I got the new password, I'm connected on my Windows Vista computer laptop my desktop computer, all working fine, but on my Windows 7 laptop its connected I can go to google, and windows live email and that'll work but I can't access any other websites I went to check the status of it and under IPV4 Connectivity it has Internet under IPV6 Connectivity it says No Network Access I'm not sure that has anything to do with it, but I need some help. Thanks!
if you can get to google, and live mail that means your router is resolving dns and dhcp well,
that is a weird problem, unless you are using Internet explorer and internet access is restricted to those 2 websites , excluding all others.

ipv6 shouldnt affect anything.
did you try using other browsers? firefox chrome?
or try another computer in your home?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

06 Nov 2011   #4
seavixen32

Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64-Bit
 
 

Have a look at these Microsoft articles, they may be of help to you.

Troubleshoot Internet connection problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/w...ction-problems
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Nov 2011   #5
Michelle123

Windows 7 Home Premium 32bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by molossus View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Michelle123 View Post
Hi, I have my internet connected long storty short, I reset my router last night, it reset to default settings I got the new password, I'm connected on my Windows Vista computer laptop my desktop computer, all working fine, but on my Windows 7 laptop its connected I can go to google, and windows live email and that'll work but I can't access any other websites I went to check the status of it and under IPV4 Connectivity it has Internet under IPV6 Connectivity it says No Network Access I'm not sure that has anything to do with it, but I need some help. Thanks!
if you can get to google, and live mail that means your router is resolving dns and dhcp well,
that is a weird problem, unless you are using Internet explorer and internet access is restricted to those 2 websites , excluding all others.

ipv6 shouldnt affect anything.
did you try using other browsers? firefox chrome?
or try another computer in your home?
I have firefox and IE On IE I can't access google. I'm still trying to figure out this problem!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
07 Nov 2011   #6
windrider

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

That is normal for IPv6 to say 'No Internet Access' as you probably have only Ipv4

When you reset the router, did you also reset your modem or whatever you have for Internet Access.

Try unplugging your modem, then plug back into router. Also I would reboot your Windows 7 laptop after that.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
08 Nov 2011   #7
Michelle123

Windows 7 Home Premium 32bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by windrider View Post
That is normal for IPv6 to say 'No Internet Access' as you probably have only Ipv4

When you reset the router, did you also reset your modem or whatever you have for Internet Access.

Try unplugging your modem, then plug back into router. Also I would reboot your Windows 7 laptop after that.
I have a router and modem in one, Tried resetting it again, nothing... I'm not sure whats wrong with it, I think I'm going to have someone look at it for me.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
08 Nov 2011   #8
2xg

Win7 & Win8 64bit
 
 

Hello,

Can you pls post an ipconfig /all output of the computer in question for review?
Click on Start => in search box type cmd, press enter. From the command prompt (black screen), Copy and Paste these ipconfig /all >c:\ipconfig.txt . Please attach the .txt file to be found in your Local Disk 'C' on your next post.

Is this a wired or wireless connection issue? Have you tried both?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
08 Nov 2011   #9
Michelle123

Windows 7 Home Premium 32bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by 2xg View Post
Hello,

Can you pls post an ipconfig /all output of the computer in question for review?
Click on Start => in search box type cmd, press enter. From the command prompt (black screen), Copy and Paste these ipconfig /all >c:\ipconfig.txt . Please attach the .txt file to be found in your Local Disk 'C' on your next post.

Is this a wired or wireless connection issue? Have you tried both?
Here it is. Its a wireless connection issue, and I'm currently using it as wired since its not working wirelessly.


Attached Files
File Type: txt ipconfig.txt (5.0 KB, 45 views)
My System SpecsSystem Spec
08 Nov 2011   #10
2xg

Win7 & Win8 64bit
 
 

Thanks for the output provided.

I was going to question about your DNS Servers = 156.154.70.22 and 8.26.56.26. Since your wired connection is working, seems to be no issue there.

Have you removed any wireless profile stored in your computer, then re-add your own SSID(wireless network) with the correct network encryption?

Also, verify that you're not using any Proxy servers, remove it if found.
How to Remove Proxy Settings

What type of Security or Firewall Software do you have?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Internet connected but not working




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Internet working fine, but windows says "Not connected"
Hi, I seem to have a little problem for some time now, I didn't care much about it at the beginning but now it got somewhat sever. So, at some point both my wireless and cable network started showing a not connected icon even though they were connected and Internet worked all fine. So of course I...
Network & Sharing
Desktop WIFI Internet Issue - Connected, but Slow/Dropped Internet
I've been battling this particular issue for a couple of weeks now without much success. I have a custom built desktop where my WIFI connection will deteriorate to the point where internet (and gaming over Steam, etc...) will be either painfully slow or unable to load pages at all. Windows claims...
Network & Sharing
Browsers not working but computer is connected to the internet
Hello everyone. New to the forum. The title says it all regarding the issue I'm having. It started two days ago. I tried both IE & Firefox with no success. Our other laptop computer and all smartphones surf the net fine with no problem, it's just confined to one laptop. For security I use Eset...
Browsers & Mail
Internet not working yet network is connected.
Hi there, im new to this forum so forgive me if I do anything that im not supposed to. none of the programs that use internet (steam, spotify, google chrome) work and yet it says i am connected to the network and that i have internet connection. I have ticked the box that says "obtain DNS...
Network & Sharing
Browser not working but internet is connected
Ok so I have a fairly new computer that had Vista on it. I got the free upgrade and upgraded to Windows 7 Home Premium. I've been using 7 for about 3 weeks now with no problems at all. Then out of nowhere approx 3-4 days ago, the internet doesn't seem to want to cooperate. Once in a while web pages...
Browsers & Mail
Internet shows connected but unable to access Internet
A warning in advance: this is going to be a fairly long post. I don't know a ton about troubleshooting but I'm not computer illiterate and I've tried quite an array of tests while trying to fix things on my own. First of all my laptop is an: HP Presario V6000(GB115AV) I'm running windows 7, I...
Network & Sharing


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 22:10.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App