I have an interesting and persisting 'limited connectivity' problem in Windows 7. Some history:
- preinstalled Windows 7 on Dell Studio 1557 I7 processor
- in the first 10 days everything was perfect - connecting to internet at the job and at home (wirelessly and by wire)
- suddenly I can not get to internet at home wirelessly (Linksys WRT54G) - all other three options (at home by wire, on the job both wireless and wired still works perfectly)
- yes, I have to point out that other computers in my home wireless / wired network running XPs still work perfectly and connect to internet without any problem ...
- also, even on Dellrunning Windows 7 I have excellent signal, IP assigned, I can use shared disks and printer - everything, except for the internet access ...
then I tried:
- updating wireless router Linksys WRT54G to latest firmware
- played a while with router options ...
- backrolling wireless card drivers
(actually I got it working for a few minutes at first try (!)) and never never again
- tried updating drivers of wireless card (Microsoft library, Dell support, manufacturer of the card - all of them)
- deinstalling, installing ... wireless card ..., deleting all connections, creating new connections ...
- spent hours of talk with internet provider (blaims Microsoft)
- spent some time talking to Microsoft (they blaim DSL provider ...)
So, it is a catch 22 situation, right ?
P.S.: I have tried a few more thing, that I can not even remember anymore