|12 Nov 2011||#1|
| || |
Internet speed suddenly slow?
Well here's a interesting problem..
Suddenly my PC caps my downloads to 10-30 kb/s.. The problem solves tough after I change the ethernet cable. But it has been proven that it only works for a while and that the cap won't be removed until I changed to yet another ethernet cable..
Does anyone know where can I start to see what's wrong?
It's not virus/adware, neither my network adapter (update drivers and everything) and also I called my isp and I'm nowhere close my limit (Heck with 10kb/s I'll probably never reach it. xD)
Any help is appreciated!
|My System Specs|
|12 Nov 2011||#2|
| || |
nice to see ya again (though I suppose it isn't very pleasant considering you keep getting problems that you can't find solutions to. Hopefully I can help you out a little bit)
Try these steps, the more you try, the more likely you will be able to solve the problem.
1. if you are running IE, try this: How to reset Internet Explorer settings (download not required)
2. Unplug BOTH your modem and router. Wait 30 seconds and them plug them both back in.
3. if that doesn't work, download the most recent software version of your adapter (and if you have already, try downloading a slightly older version. this fixed a slow connection for me once). If you have such a slow connection, it may take a while. You could download it off another computer onto a USB device and then install it on your computer through that method. DO NOT INSTALL IT JUST YET.
4. Delete all previous adapter AND windows 'wireless profiles' that you have saved on your computer. DO NOT use windows to connect wirelessly. Use the adapter ONLY (going through its setup on whichever network you would like to connect to, after you install it). I've posted a pic for you:
5. Uninstall your current wireless adapter's software and any other wireles software. This is the time to install that new adapter software you saved from Step #3 in your windows downloads folder, following all the instructions, entering the password to your prefered connection. Don't change any other setting.
6. Up till now I assumed you wanted to use your adapter more than the cable, but let us troubleshoot that as well. Go to your motherboards manufacturer and download the most recent drivers according to your motherboard's specs and windows opperating system (make sure you get the 32bit and 64bit versions correct). Anything that says LAN or such on it is most important, and you don't really need to worry about the rest (for this problem). You can use a USB install here as well if you cannot get a good enough internet connection.
7. Failing all of this, Let me know because we may have to check out the router settings in comparrison to your windows settings. Windows updates might help, but you can hardly download them without an internet connection.
How long is your cable (so long as it isn't connected to 3 different cables, it should be fine)? How far away from the router is your computer (it isn't across the hall in a steel room is it)?
|My System Specs|
|Similar help and support threads for2: Internet speed suddenly slow?|
|My internet speed very slow , how to fix ?||Network & Sharing|
|Internet Explorer 9 suddenly: Freezing: Slow etc||Browsers & Mail|
|Slow Internet Speed||Network & Sharing|
|Super slow Internet Browsing - Suddenly!||Browsers & Mail|
|Windows 7 internet connection is suddenly very slow||Browsers & Mail|
|Slow internet speed.||Network & Sharing|
|Our Sites ||Site Links ||About Us ||Find Us |
© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:38 AM.