* Visit Speedtest.net - The Global Broadband Speed Test
* Click Begin Test
Report was is your friend's Ping in millisecond, Download Speed, Upload Speed and then compare that with the LAN cable to find out exactly what the difference is. But there are a few things you can do with your friend's wireless:
* Download and Install the Driver
from Manufacturer's website
* Use a different channel on your router
* There are tools that allow you to scan the channel number for other local wireless network connections. You can use that information to select the channel for YOUR home wireless so that it isn't the same as other people around your neighborhood.
* Use AES Encryption only, some routers have issue with AES+TKIP encryption algorithms. AES is sufficient.