Hi all, first time poster. Big howdy to all.
My laptop with Windows 7 home premium has developed a problem recently. When it tried to log on to the home wifi.
1. It will connect but the DHCP insist on connecting to a specific IP address, in this case (192.168.0.58)
2. Then tells itself that the address is already in use on the server, I looked at the router log, it never called and the 192.168.0.58 is unused.
3. Then it will fail to call for another IP address.
4. So the adaptor will show connected but no internet.
I have tried:
1. rebooting the router, even changing the SSID. Same deal.
2. Assigning a static IP on laptop. Worked! but the second that I change it back to dynamic, same ole problem.
3. Even uninstall the wifi adapter, then reinstall it. Worked for a few minutes, then same problem again.