I have three computers that I use as "servers" that connect to during the day. One of them work perfectly. No matter what, I am able to connect all the time without issue. For the second, I can connect most of the time. But sometimes it just hangs and I am unable to log in. The third one, which I am asking about in this thread, I just tried to connect the first time and have not yet been able to do so.
1. I enabled remote desktop under system/remote settings
2. I enabled remote desktop through my firewall. I created a new rule that enabled incoming connections to 3391.
3. I enabled remote desktop services via services.msc
4. I programmed my router to forward port 3391 to my computers IP address
5. I am using no-ip to give me a static address (i.e., xxx.serveftp.com:3391) to use with remote desktop.
But after all that, I am unable to get this to work. Any ideas on how to fix the problem? Thanks.