Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Knox Has Stopped Working Error Message - What is Knox?


07 Jan 2012   #1

Windows 7
 
 
Knox Has Stopped Working Error Message - What is Knox?

Hi Everyone,

I am trying to map a network attached storage drive (a Freecom FSG3) I am using their software to do this. I run the software and it finds my drive showing the IP address for the drive. When I click map a network drive the thing crashes stating Knox has stopped working.

Knox is not the name of the application that I am using and I can't find any information about what this is. Any ideas?

I have tried to just map the drive manually using Windows Explorer, but it always says it can't find the drive, even when I use the IP address....

I'm thoroughly confused and quite hacked off - been trying to resolve this for hours to no avail! If anyone can shed some light on this, I'd be very grateful.

Many Thanks

Frank

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

07 Jan 2012   #2

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit
 
 

This probably should have been posted in Network & Sharing - Windows 7 Forums since it is network related. I am not familiar with Knox, and I am unable to find any reference to "Knox has stopped working" doing a Google search. Could you post an image of the message following the steps in Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Seven Forums
My System SpecsSystem Spec
07 Jan 2012   #3

Linux Mint 17 Cinnamon | Win 7 Ult x64
 
 

Just a thought..

It's not the exploit win32.knox that was around in the early 2000's is it?

Does it show in taskmanager? If you right click it in there can you get to the properties of the file and see where it's running from?

http://www.mcafee.com/threat-intelli...aspx?id=124299


Tanya
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


08 Jan 2012   #4

Windows 7
 
 

Hi Tanya,

Thanks for the suggestion. I'm just running a deep virus check now and will post any relevant results. Many Thanks for putting me onto this...

Frank

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by TanyaC View Post
Just a thought..

It's not the exploit win32.knox that was around in the early 2000's is it?

Does it show in taskmanager? If you right click it in there can you get to the properties of the file and see where it's running from?

Exploit-Knox - Malware - McAfee Labs Threat Center


Tanya
My System SpecsSystem Spec
08 Jan 2012   #5

Windows 7
 
 

Hi there,

Sorry about that, I will re-post then in the correct area and add a screenshot when my PC has finished running it's virus check....

Thanks for looking into this and apologies again

Frank

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by writhziden View Post
This probably should have been posted in Network & Sharing - Windows 7 Forums since it is network related. I am not familiar with Knox, and I am unable to find any reference to "Knox has stopped working" doing a Google search. Could you post an image of the message following the steps in Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Seven Forums
My System SpecsSystem Spec
08 Jan 2012   #6

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by BigFrank View Post
Hi there,

Sorry about that, I will re-post then in the correct area and add a screenshot when my PC has finished running it's virus check....

Thanks for looking into this and apologies again

Frank

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by writhziden View Post
This probably should have been posted in Network & Sharing - Windows 7 Forums since it is network related. I am not familiar with Knox, and I am unable to find any reference to "Knox has stopped working" doing a Google search. Could you post an image of the message following the steps in Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Seven Forums
An administrator already moved it to the right place, so no worries.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Jan 2012   #7

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by TanyaC View Post
Just a thought..

It's not the exploit win32.knox that was around in the early 2000's is it?

Does it show in taskmanager? If you right click it in there can you get to the properties of the file and see where it's running from?

Exploit-Knox - Malware - McAfee Labs Threat Center


Tanya

Knox is your Freecom driver. Probably needs to be updated, or at least re-installed

Freecom Supportforum • View forum - ENGLISH
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Knox Has Stopped Working Error Message - What is Knox?




Thread Tools




Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:03 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33