Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Another Wireless Problem..

15 Aug 2009   #1
Leukay

Windows 7 build 7260 32-bit
 
 
Another Wireless Problem..SOLVED

Hey guys, i'm new here, but i've been lurking around trying to search for a cure for my problem, but out of all of the wireless problems here, none of them that i found were like mine. Ok, well i am running Window 7 build 7260 32-bit on my gateway laptop, and everything is great except one little annoyance. My wireless connects fine, but after about 10 minutes it says that there is no internet access. Mind you, it is still connected to the router, it just says no internet access. When i disconnect and connect again it works for another few minutes, then the problem returns. If this has been discussed somewhere else, i would greatly appreciate a link, or if you know how this may be fixed, i would very much thank you. Thanks in advance!


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

15 Aug 2009   #2
zigzag3143

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Leukay View Post
Hey guys, i'm new here, but i've been lurking around trying to search for a cure for my problem, but out of all of the wireless problems here, none of them that i found were like mine. Ok, well i am running Window 7 build 7260 32-bit on my gateway laptop, and everything is great except one little annoyance. My wireless connects fine, but after about 10 minutes it says that there is no internet access. Mind you, it is still connected to the router, it just says no internet access. When i disconnect and connect again it works for another few minutes, then the problem returns. If this has been discussed somewhere else, i would greatly appreciate a link, or if you know how this may be fixed, i would very much thank you. Thanks in advance!

Leukay

A few things can cause that. First if IP-6 support is enabled in network cpanel it can, second if the wifi has wake on lan, etc.

Could you do us a favor and put your system specs in userCP so we know what you have? could you also tell us abt your network setup

Ken
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Aug 2009   #3
Leukay

Windows 7 build 7260 32-bit
 
 

I have a belkin router with WPA protection. It isn't the router because i have 3 other computers working on the router.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


15 Aug 2009   #4
zigzag3143

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Leukay View Post
I have a belkin router with WPA protection. It isn't the router because i have 3 other computers working on the router.
OK what wifi card?

go into device manager (type device manager in search) and see if the wifi card is displayed properly and is working, or is it displayed as an unknown device.

Ken
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Aug 2009   #5
SquonkSC

Win7 Build 7600 x86
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Leukay View Post
I have a belkin router with WPA protection. It isn't the router because i have 3 other computers working on the router.
Check this

Goto power settings

Attachment 23287

click on "change advanced power settings"

Go to wireless and set both to maximum
Attachment 23288

Hope this helps

Greetz
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Aug 2009   #6
Leukay

Windows 7 build 7260 32-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by zigzag3143 View Post
OK what wifi card?

go into device manager (type device manager in search) and see if the wifi card is displayed properly and is working, or is it displayed as an unknown device

Ken
I have an Ateros AR5B91 card, and it says it is working properly
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Aug 2009   #7
Leukay

Windows 7 build 7260 32-bit
 
 

Hey squonksc, im sorry, but i am unable to find those screens anywhere
edit: nevermind, i found it
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Aug 2009   #8
SquonkSC

Win7 Build 7600 x86
 
 

Another thing to check.

right click network icon, click on "open network and sharing center"

click on wireless next to connection.

Attachment 23294


In the next window, click on wireless properties.

Make sure the "connect to a more preferred network" checkbox is unchecked.
Otherwise you could be connecting to a stronger signal in your neighborhood.

Attachment 23290
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Aug 2009   #9
SquonkSC

Win7 Build 7600 x86
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Leukay View Post
Hey squonksc, im sorry, but i am unable to find those screens anywhere
right click on the battery icon in the taskbar (close to the clock)

chose power options
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Aug 2009   #10
Leukay

Windows 7 build 7260 32-bit
 
 

I changed the power settings, and made sure it wasn't connecting to outside networks, and the problem is persisting
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Another Wireless Problem..




Thread Tools





Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Wireless Problem
Hello guys ! I've got a problem with my wireless connection, when I click the wireless icon to view the networks, There are no networks, they just do not appear. So I tried opening network and sharing center to change adapter settings, and there was no wireless network adapter, I installed the...
Network & Sharing
Wireless problem
Hello. I have an Atheros wireless network adapter that worked fine till now. I usually use it to create a wireless local area for my iphone. But today i tryed to change the dynamic ip and put a static one to try something and after i tryed i change it back to the automatic obtain of ip. But...
Network & Sharing
wireless 5 ghz problem
Hi I´ve just bought a D-Link DIR-855 broadband gigabit router. The 2,4 ghz band works perfect, but the 5 ghz band doesn´t work with all my computers. I have two laptops with OS XP, and it works perfect with the 5 ghz band. But my last pc, a HP Pavilion Elite with OS Windows 7 cand find the 5...
Network & Sharing
Wireless Lan Problem
i installed windows 7 freshly and am having a problem with my wireless lan since then every driver i seemed to get never did worked out i have visited hp website and no driver worked for me. I am using hp Compaq nc6230 laptop with windows 7,please help me out. how and where can i get that...
Drivers
Wireless Problem
Hi, I have a Sony Vaio VGN-FW11E and according to Sony, i was not eligible for the support on the integration from Vista to Windows 7. However, i still installed Windows 7 64-bit Professional and i initially had a few driver problems such as my touchpad not working, the volume control on my...
Browsers & Mail
Another W7 wireless problem
I just got my new computer with W7 Home Premium 64 bit the other day. It is a custom built computer. The wirless card is detecting the router because it shows me the signal strength but it wont connect. It keeps wanting me to reset the modem and the router but I know those are good because I am...
Network & Sharing

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 15:18.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App