A brief description what I was doing to get into this situation.
I've a Dell Studio 1555 running Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit, it's installed with a Dell Wireless mini card 1397 which I've been trying to change to an Intel 533AN_HMW ( type N ) which I was unable to get it to work.
Swopping between the 2 cards wasn't a problem until I removed all the wireless applications, Dell & Broadcom, whilst trying to get the new card working, thinking it shouldn't be a problem because I had all the original drivers
Now after changing back to the original Dell card I now cannot get that to work, Windows 7 has identified the card & installed 'Dell Wireless 1397 WLAN mini-card' driver
, but there are no wireless connections visible.
- I can connect via wifi to my router with my smartphone so I know that is working.
- I'm not sure if the WLAN is switched on, normally done using the 'F2' function key.
- I've tried downloading new drivers from Dell with no change in the state.
- Tried a system restore but this fails suggesting problems with the AV - turning this off doesn't have any effect.
- IPCONFIG /all doesn't show the adaptor.
Any further help greatly appreciated. Thanks Mick