I've been trying for days but I don't know what to do anymore. I read through the threads here but couldn't find a working solution.
I have two Windows 7 computers. A wireless laptop(hp dm1z w/Broadcom 4313GN Wi-Fi adapter) and a desktop(ASROCK z68 pro3-m w/ realtek LAN) connected to a Asus N16 router w/ tomato firmware. When I try to transfer files through the network it is extremely slow. Between 0-20kb/s. It is completely unusable when trying to stream videos or pictures.
I think it is a software problem because file sharing works fine in safe mode but I can't find any settings to fix it. These are the things I have found.
- The network sharing works fine when the laptop is in safe mode.
- File sharing works fine between my android tablet and desktop
- I reformatted my laptop and it still doesn't work.
- Normal internet is fine and fast with both laptop and desktop.
- File sharing works wired but not wireless.
- Downloaded and updated latest wireless drivers.
- Uninstalled drivers and let Windows Update find drivers.
- I tried disabling startup programs and services but couldn't replicate safe mode.
Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.