Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.



Windows 7: wireless & Ethernet conflict

14 Mar 2012   #1

98SE/XP/windows7 ultimate 32bit
 
 
wireless & Ethernet conflict

Hi friends,
i use my laptop mainly with wireless network,
i wonder if there is a setting to disable wireless network auto. when Ethernet cable plugged in (and vice versa)?

*without 3rd party app's

Thanx

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

14 Mar 2012   #2

Windows 8 Core X64
 
 

What conflict are you having?

I run my laptop wirelessly most of the time as well but occasionally connect a Ethernet cable and everything works fine.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Mar 2012   #3

98SE/XP/windows7 ultimate 32bit
 
 

i just do not want wireless & Ethernet to work together (only one at a time) on my laptop -no real conflict .
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


15 Mar 2012   #4

windows 7 home premium 64 bit
 
 

My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Mar 2012   #5

W7 Pro SP1 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by prukeyhi View Post
i just do not want wireless & Ethernet to work together (only one at a time) on my laptop -no real conflict .
Does your wireless card support this feature?

Name:  d.JPG
Views: 68
Size:  33.9 KB

Check via device manager.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Mar 2012   #6

98SE/XP/windows7 ultimate 32bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by quickdraw2011 View Post
thanks but as i wrote i prefer not to use 3rd party app's
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Mar 2012   #7

98SE/XP/windows7 ultimate 32bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by UsernameIssues View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by prukeyhi View Post
i just do not want wireless & Ethernet to work together (only one at a time) on my laptop -no real conflict .
Does your wireless card support this feature?

Attachment 202847

Check via device manager.
Thanks,
good idea to look at the options,
but my card has those options only ...


Attached Images
 
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Mar 2012   #8

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Ult, Windows 8.1 Pro,
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by prukeyhi View Post
Hi friends,
i use my laptop mainly with wireless network,
i wonder if there is a setting to disable wireless network auto. when Ethernet cable plugged in (and vice versa)?

*without 3rd party app's

Thanx
Windows already does this for you.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Mar 2012   #9

windows 7 home premium 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by chev65 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by prukeyhi View Post
Hi friends,
i use my laptop mainly with wireless network,
i wonder if there is a setting to disable wireless network auto. when Ethernet cable plugged in (and vice versa)?

*without 3rd party app's

Thanx
Windows already does this for you.
I believe he's asking for a manual way to disable. But, I agree Windows automatically does the switching. Otherwise, there would be a driver conflict.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Mar 2012   #10

W7 Pro SP1 64bit
 
 

I think that the OP was asking for this to happen automatically.
...disable wireless network auto. when Ethernet cable plugged in (and vice versa)...

Windows does the switching as far as the network traffic is concerned, but it does not automatically disable the unused NIC(s). Disabling unused NICs gets them out of the task manager's interface (and other tools). I have 4 physical and 3 virtual NICs on this laptop. All of the physical NICs can pull data at the same time when using VMs.

I only want to see the active ones being graphed in task manager on the host OS. I keep a shortcut on the desktop for each NIC so that I can enable/disable them as desired. Desktop shortcuts might be the only native option for the OP.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 wireless & Ethernet conflict





Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: wireless & Ethernet conflict
Thread Forum
MAC address conflict (wireless) resolved with arp -a Network & Sharing
Conflict between wireless routers... resolution?? Network & Sharing
laptop and desktop wireless conflict in same room Network & Sharing
Wireless conflict? Network & Sharing
Wired cable modem and wireless router conflict Network & Sharing
Wireless Keyboard/Wireless Mouse Speaker Conflict Hardware & Devices
USB Wireless Causing Conflict Network & Sharing

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:13 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33