Its been two years since i got my internet connection and the thomson speedlink 585v7 came free with the package, although i don't know how good this device is. I recently purchased a new xbox which is kept in the living room. Here are a few details which may help you
- The router is kept in the bedroom on the wall adjacent to the door and not in line of sight of the the way out.
- There is almost no internet connectivity near the xbox which is like less than 10m although in there may be 2 walls in direct line. (1bar and keeps dropping).
- There is always some or the other problem with wifi, being slow, no connectivity or even becomes invisible sometimes i.e. not even on the list
- The place i keep is not one of the best place to keep the router but i am not asking for connection outside the house. It is an apartment and almost every room is less than 10m.
- Also on wifi connection with multiple devices like my laptop and the mobile the connection drops out even more frequently.
- Another thing, i noticed recently that the router kept restarting from time to time by itself.
Here is what i tried
- Reset the router and re configure it.
My question is
- Is this router good enough because i hadn't even heard of it?
- If it is, how can i solve this issue?
- IF not should i get a new one and will this solve the problem?
Thanks in advance