Seeking you advice, have hitting my head against a brick wall !!!
Have a new laptop that came with Windows 7 Home Premium and guess what, it allows you to create a new share but cannot access it from another PC, go figure. As like everyone else did some research to find that mapping does not work in Win7HP.
Anyway went down the route of upgrading Windows 7 using Anytime, instead of wasting anymore time. Now is where the fun starts..
1. Upgrade to Anytime - all ok !!
2. Share a directory with 'Everyone' access
3. Go to another Win & Prof machine and try to map the drive, no success comes with some obscure message. meashink to trouble shoot. Essentially saying the Share does not exist.
4. Tried browsing the drive and until this morning could not see it.
5. This morning can see the drive but not the Shares.
Firewall and Symantec has been removed, what else is there to do in order to get this working.
Any help would be appreciated before i lose all this hair,
Anyone help !!