Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Router Not connecting


26 Apr 2012   #1

Windows 8 - 64-bit
 
 
Router Not connecting

After I had to use ATT tech support to get my dsl working again.. which they did , by doing a re-set of my dsl modem.

Now my router won't connect.
I see security icon, light bright green,
I see wired icon bright green,
I see router icon, bright green,
I see a flashing icon for my modem flashing red.
The internet icon is doing NOTHING at all.

I've tried unplugging the router completely, all night .. then rebooting.. after reconnecting the power cord, the router cable and the DSL cable.. so far I'm just stuck as to what I should do next.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

26 Apr 2012   #2

Windows 8.1 Pro RTM x64
 
 

Have you tried replacing the line filter?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 Apr 2012   #3

Windows 7 Ult, Windows 8.1 Pro,
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by LADYPINKtomato1 View Post
After I had to use ATT tech support to get my dsl working again.. which they did , by doing a re-set of my dsl modem.

Now my router won't connect.
I see security icon, light bright green,
I see wired icon bright green,
I see router icon, bright green,
I see a flashing icon for my modem flashing red.
The internet icon is doing NOTHING at all.

I've tried unplugging the router completely, all night .. then rebooting.. after reconnecting the power cord, the router cable and the DSL cable.. so far I'm just stuck as to what I should do next.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
The reset button on the router might be worth while to push and hold it for 30 seconds.

You might need to go into the routers set up page to make sure everything is set up correctly, enable DHCP, set up the wireless connection variables like creating and SSID, setting up the wireless password, setting up the security like WPA2, and the encryption, AES is usually best.

The problem is that I have no idea what kind of router or connection this is?

I'd also need to see a screen shot of the ipconfig/all to determine the default gateway which will get you access into your routers set up page.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


26 Apr 2012   #4

Windows 8 - 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Dwarf View Post
Have you tried replacing the line filter?
Hi .. I have no idea what the line filter is > I have 3 lines connected to the router.. a almost New Power Line...DSL line.. router line..
I do recall when the tech support person was helping me to get reconnected to my dsl service, I was ask to reverse the dsl line from the pc to to the modem.
This is a Belkin Enchanced Wireless RouterModel F6D4230-4v1.
Thanks for your reply.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 Apr 2012   #5

Windows 8 - 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by chev65 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by LADYPINKtomato1 View Post
After I had to use ATT tech support to get my dsl working again.. which they did , by doing a re-set of my dsl modem.

Now my router won't connect.
I see security icon, light bright green,
I see wired icon bright green,
I see router icon, bright green,
I see a flashing icon for my modem flashing red.
The internet icon is doing NOTHING at all.

I've tried unplugging the router completely, all night .. then rebooting.. after reconnecting the power cord, the router cable and the DSL cable.. so far I'm just stuck as to what I should do next.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
The reset button on the router might be worth while to push and hold it for 30 seconds.

You might need to go into the routers set up page to make sure everything is set up correctly, enable DHCP, set up the wireless connection variables like creating and SSID, setting up the wireless password, setting up the security like WPA2, and the encryption, AES is usually best.

The problem is that I have no idea what kind of router or connection this is?

I'd also need to see a screen shot of the ipconfig/all to determine the default gateway which will get you access into your routers set up page.
Chev. hi.. I have a snap of all the settings on this router.. It's a Belking as noted in the message above.
I have the WPA2 set up..DHCP . SSID are all set up , as is my personal wireless password , the AES is set up , it's set up extremely secure.. by the guys here at W7F.. when I first bought it.I think I recall being told.. my pc cannot be seen on line at all from these settings.
I'll be more than willing to share this snap .. however it shows my personal info. which I hope to keep these setting.. since I use them for my laptop.. along with 2 tablets.
Thanks for your reply.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 Apr 2012   #6

Windows 8 - 64-bit
 
 

My apologies for not replying sooner..
I'm working full time this week.. so can't get in until I'm back home from work.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 Apr 2012   #7

Windows 8 - 64-bit
 
 

Hey guys.. here's the link to my Original Router Help thread when I ask for help setting it up.
I searched and found this.
Hope it's helpful.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
27 Apr 2012   #8

Windows 7 Ult, Windows 8.1 Pro,
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by LADYPINKtomato1 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by chev65 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by LADYPINKtomato1 View Post
After I had to use ATT tech support to get my dsl working again.. which they did , by doing a re-set of my dsl modem.

Now my router won't connect.
I see security icon, light bright green,
I see wired icon bright green,
I see router icon, bright green,
I see a flashing icon for my modem flashing red.
The internet icon is doing NOTHING at all.

I've tried unplugging the router completely, all night .. then rebooting.. after reconnecting the power cord, the router cable and the DSL cable.. so far I'm just stuck as to what I should do next.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
The reset button on the router might be worth while to push and hold it for 30 seconds.

You might need to go into the routers set up page to make sure everything is set up correctly, enable DHCP, set up the wireless connection variables like creating and SSID, setting up the wireless password, setting up the security like WPA2, and the encryption, AES is usually best.

The problem is that I have no idea what kind of router or connection this is?

I'd also need to see a screen shot of the ipconfig/all to determine the default gateway which will get you access into your routers set up page.
Chev. hi.. I have a snap of all the settings on this router.. It's a Belking as noted in the message above.
I have the WPA2 set up..DHCP . SSID are all set up , as is my personal wireless password , the AES is set up , it's set up extremely secure.. by the guys here at W7F.. when I first bought it.I think I recall being told.. my pc cannot be seen on line at all from these settings.
I'll be more than willing to share this snap .. however it shows my personal info. which I hope to keep these setting.. since I use them for my laptop.. along with 2 tablets.
Thanks for your reply.
The problem is that once you unplug the router for any great length of time it will lose it's original settings.

Most likely you just need to go into the routers set up page and redefine the wireless settings again.

I always keep a configuration file handy for times like this. I can just go to tools/system in my routers set up page and load up the configuration file and the routers settings are all restored. Most firmware's have this capability.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Apr 2012   #9

Windows 8 - 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by chev65 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by LADYPINKtomato1 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by chev65 View Post

The reset button on the router might be worth while to push and hold it for 30 seconds.

You might need to go into the routers set up page to make sure everything is set up correctly, enable DHCP, set up the wireless connection variables like creating and SSID, setting up the wireless password, setting up the security like WPA2, and the encryption, AES is usually best.

Chev hello.. I have a snap of my settings , like they were originally set up with my password.. my name for my router.. etc..( the icon near my clock when I'm connected with the router to Windows XP , Windows 7 laptop.. and my 2 tablest.)
I have 4 screens .. showing all the router settings.
I just do NOT know how to do this again without help.
I did do the restet as you suggested,, it doesn't seem to have halped any.

The problem is that I have no idea what kind of router or connection this is?

I'd also need to see a screen shot of the ipconfig/all to determine the default gateway which will get you access into your routers set up page.
Chev. hi.. I have a snap of all the settings on this router.. It's a Belking as noted in the message above.
I have the WPA2 set up..DHCP . SSID are all set up , as is my personal wireless password , the AES is set up , it's set up extremely secure.. by the guys here at W7F.. when I first bought it.I think I recall being told.. my pc cannot be seen on line at all from these settings.
I'll be more than willing to share this snap .. however it shows my personal info. which I hope to keep these setting.. since I use them for my laptop.. along with 2 tablets.
Thanks for your reply.
The problem is that once you unplug the router for any great length of time it will lose it's original settings.

Most likely you just need to go into the routers set up page and redefine the wireless settings again.

I always keep a configuration file handy for times like this. I can just go to tools/system in my routers set up page and load up the configuration file and the routers settings are all restored. Most firmware's have this capability.
Chev hello.. I did do the reset button as you have suggested.. it doesn't seemed to have helped any so far.

I do have the completed 4 screen setting as set using a name for my router..the best settings to secure my router..password and all the others things WPA, I can see down near my clock.. on Windows XP.. (it's wired ).. Windows 7 , the 2 tablets are WI-FI.. when these are all connected.. I do NOT connect all at the same time.
I just don't know how to get into those setting and make any changes .. I did follow the people prompting me to get this all set up . It worked until this week when I had ATT tech support to get me connected after something caused my ISP to not connect.
Thanks for your help on this.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Apr 2012   #10

Windows 7 Ult, Windows 8.1 Pro,
 
 

I really need to see a screen shot of the ipconfig/all in order to have an idea about what's going on here. Just type ipconfig/all into an Elevated Command Prompt and then hit enter.

Sample in the picture.


Attached Thumbnails
Router Not connecting-ipconfig-all.png  
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Router Not connecting




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: Router Not connecting
Thread Forum
Connecting to another computer on my router Network & Sharing
Connecting Wireless Router Hardware & Devices
Connecting USB internet with Router..? Network & Sharing
Need help connecting IP to IP through a router Network & Sharing
Not connecting to router automatically Network & Sharing
Connecting to neighbours router Network & Sharing
Not connecting to router Network & Sharing

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:20 PM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33