|02 May 2012||#1|
| || |
Windows cannot access ... Error code: 0x80070035
I have spent much time on this problem ...
I have two systems on the network: Windows 7 Home Premium 32-bit (desktop - wired) and Windows 7 Professional 64-bit (desktop - wired); using a Netgear N600 router. The Professional 64-bit I shall call "sys1" and the Home Premium 32-bit "sys2" for this thread.
sys1 has been in operation for some time, over a year, sys2 I just built and just now getting it up to speed. I have followed the Sharing Tutorial as well as other resources here and elsewhere but I cannot get sys1 to see any of the shared folders on sys2, but sys2 can see all the shared folders and resources on sys1. sys2 can see it's own shared folders and sys1 can see it's own shared folders as well. I have compared the Network and Sharing options on each system and they are identical making sure password was set to off on each. Neither system has the same users. NETBIOS over TCP/IP is enabled.
What I have tried:
- nbtstat -n shows both sys1 and sys2 are registered, (note: sys1 shows an extra line with "..__MSBROWSE--.<01> - not sure if that matters)
- I can ping sys1 from sys2 and sys2 from sys1 via both name and ip address
- disabled AVG anti-virus on both (no effect on problem)
- disabled firewall on private network on both (no effect on problem)
- Checked Services were "Automatic" & "Started" on both: Workstation, DHCP Client, DNS Client, Server, Network Connections, Network Location Awareness, & Computer Browser.
- file and print sharing is enabled on each system.
- both systems are in the same workgroup (no domain): AUGUSTINE
- homegroup is not enabled on either system - if I set one up on either system and then try to add the other with the password given I get the error "Homegroup encountered an error". Troubleshooting "helper" was no help.
- read something about adding access to "trusted zone" addresses in the firewall but do not see how that is done on either system, esp since this is a private/home network to start with.
I know I am missing something on sys1, but my eyes are crossed and I can no longer see the obvious through tired eyes.
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
|My System Specs|
|Similar help and support threads for2: Windows cannot access ... Error code: 0x80070035|
|Error 'code: 0x80070035 The network path was not found||Network & Sharing|
|Error code 0x80070035 redux, and I am getting battier by the minute||Network & Sharing|
|Error Code: 0x80070035 Unable to acces computer via network||Network & Sharing|
|Error 0x80070035 - Windows cannot access share||Network & Sharing|
|It's not the printer, it's the network (Error code 0x80070035)||Network & Sharing|
|Error Code 0x80070035||Network & Sharing|
|Error Code 0x80070035 "Windows can not access"||Network & Sharing|
|Our Sites ||Site Links ||About Us ||Find Us |
© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:44 AM.