|20 May 2012||#1|
| || |
win7 - ics - homegroup: can't establish home-network or share internet
Hereís the issue and some background:
2 laptops in a home network in a workgroup (WKGRP-XXX) w/o Windows Firewall = off
1. Windows 7 ultimate 64bit running ICS on Verizon USB modem
2. Windows 7 home premium 64bit
3. Connection is through a simple 16-port 3COM hub
4. Following ICS setup guidelines, I canít get Homegroups enabled and/or any network machines to share internet.
9. Even with DHCP enabled, 1-lptop gets an ipaddress of 169.254.10.187 and the ipaddress of the network adapter on the ics host (7-lptop) is static at 192.168.137.1.
the attached link has everything between items (4) and item (9) and has the associated ipconfig readings which will i hope be what is needed to debug my setup. i just can't do it.
|My System Specs|| |
|Similar help and support threads for: win7 - ics - homegroup: can't establish home-network or share internet|
|Home network set but Win 7 says can't join homegroup, no home network||Network & Sharing|
|How can I share Windows Fax & Scan with Homegroup in Win7 Pro x64 SP1?||Network & Sharing|
|win7 homegroup file share||Network & Sharing|
|win7 home prem desktop/win7 pro home network issues||Network & Sharing|
|How to share with specific PC on network in HomeGroup||Network & Sharing|